Sig P365

Good thing I have small little hands. Now if only Sig could help me become better able to rely on their 365.

if I take the enhanced capacity out of the equation, I have to say that I like other single stacks like the Shield and PPS M2 better than I like the P365.

Taking capacity out of equation is kind of silly. The capacity combined with the concealability and shootability equals the increased capability.

That is why it is the only pistol you named that is with a true ability to engage multiple targets, with multiple rounds, at combat distance, without reloading.

Also did not like the hulky take down lever which would or could be problematic

I found that a PIA too until followed the instructions exactly as printed. It is not an issue at all once you get used to it. Kind of like guys bitching about the MP-5 or G3 bolt assembly. It is different but once you do things the way the manufacturer wants and not how we think it should be done....it works.

I would agree with David that taking capacity out of the equation is rather pointless. We don't deny the importance of capacity in a number of areas, not the least of which is using 9mm relative to other calibers, and there's no reason to ignore it here. When I compare my Glock 26 with its 12 rd mags to a P365 with the 12 rd mag I still am left scratching my head. It's impressive. If you want to carry other pistols I take no issue, but if you're going to compare something to the P365 you can't ignore capacity.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I would agree with David that taking capacity out of the equation is rather pointless. We don't deny the importance of capacity in a number of areas, not the least of which is using 9mm relative to other calibers, and there's no reason to ignore it here. When I compare my Glock 26 with its 12 rd mags to a P365 with the 12 rd mag I still am left scratching my head. It's impressive. If you want to carry other pistols I take no issue, but if you're going to compare something to the P365 you can't ignore capacity.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna go rent a G26 today. Maybe on the way to getting one(I have a 'spare' G17)...

I would never try and talk anyone into a gun.
If it's just not for you (or them) that's cool!
There are a lot of guns to choose from..Find the one that floats your boat!
Then shoot it and have fun!

Good Luck in your search..

Good thing I have small little hands. Now if only Sig could help me become better able to rely on their 365.

Ones dated about the end of June (which I got) have the bugs worked out and are awesome. I FINALLY got to the range and ran almost 200 through the 365 in a side by side with my G26. Factory 115 and 124s, reloads of a few 124s; yes I shot the G26 better; but then, I have owned it for 20 years and the 365 for 20 minutes. The slight finger extension on the factory mags help, but the 12 round mags are DE BOMB!

I had zero malfs with all of those ammo choices.

Yes, I shot one at a range and it seems shootable, but it just seemed small and I really like the Shield trigger better, way better, so ordered a Shield instead yesterday. I will try to pocket carry it. If it doesn't work out then I may go to the SIG. I wear suspenders so IWB is out.

I've had a few opportunities to shoot a P365. On its own merit, I found it to be a pretty nice gun, although a bit small for me (and I don't have large hands). I agree with the statement above that it would be hard to manipulate and control with gloves on.

While it seems like a perfectly capable firearm, if I take the enhanced capacity out of the equation, I have to say that I like other single stacks like the Shield and PPS M2 better than I like the P365. I find them to be easier to hold and control. I personally think that if you take the capacity advantage out of it, the P365 is just another single-stack 9 that's not especially remarkable. That's not a knock on it -- the market is so crowded that it's hard to stand apart. If capacity were my top priority, the P365 would have to be the winner hands-down. If comfort, "shootability" and other factors were higher, it would not be my first choice. And, as it happens, it isn't. I'm sticking to my PPS M2, and find the 8+1 magazine to be more than adequate for that feeling of "enough gun."
As I mentioned, we did a 1,000 run of ammo at my club. And as One poster mentioned, I would not advise anyone to any particular gun. That has to be a individual choice and can only be determined by shooting different guns and finding the one Perfect for you the individual.
Yes, the 365 is a nice gun, but again, NOT for me personally. Not that the gun was small, it was the short distance from the receiver to the frame. I had to be very careful ot to ride the slide and we warned other shooters to be aware of that possiblility. My gun of choice is the Nano, it took 6 months of shooting every gun out there I could find that met my particular standards and needs.

Here is a couple of pics. So you can see some difference in the Nano and 365. I choose the Nano because that is what I am shooting now, You can obviously compare YOUR gun to the 365. The Nano and the 365 are close to the same size, but just a different design. Much more space for myself on the frame.

MvAoNRI.jpg
iBs9Onl.jpg

What I personally did not like about the 365 was the over sized and bulky take down lever and safety. Others may like that.

MHI28MV.jpg
oykVd3V.jpg

A personal carry has to be like a great pair of shoes. One size does not fit all.

Beretta Nano is a nice gun but half the capacity. Big hands and small guns never go well together without some adaptation. I always feel like I am going to shoot my support thumb tip on the P365 but never do, lol. I find the accessory rail is a natural place to rest it and with a little pressure makes rapid engagement of multiple targets easier by providing a solid platform for trigger manipulation to offset any dip low and left.

Half? No
Ships with 1 flush magazine, for maximum concealment, and 1 extended magazine, providing 2 extra rounds of capacity and an extra inch of grip surface. 8+1

The Sig ships with one mag a 10 rd. and a OPTIONAL 12 rd.

If you feel the extra rounds are necessary than the Sig might be a choice. Personally, I do not care. If so, I will just carry my SR9C with a 17 round magazine.

The SIG ships with 2 10 round mags, one flush and one with a slight finger extension. The 12 round mags increased the grip for a full three finger grip possibility.

The SIG P365 is the first compact gun to interest me enough to consider replacing my Glock 26. The problem is I just don’t trust SIG not to use me as a beta tester and I don’t think it is worth the current price for a few extra rounds.

Not to mention, the lack of some type of inertia-prevention device on the trigger strikes me as a bad idea on a gun that might be pocket carried.

I was visiting some family last week and he had just got his new Sig365. The gun felt great in the hand with the 12 round mags. I will likely wait till I can shoot one before I seriously think about getting one but WOW it felt great and the size was perfect for carry in my opinion.

The SIG P365 is the first compact gun to interest me enough to consider replacing my Glock 26. The problem is I just don’t trust SIG not to use me as a beta tester and I don’t think it is worth the current price for a few extra rounds.

Get the newer ones made in June or later and you'll be GTG. Mine has been flawless so far and the 12 round mags make the grip even nicer.

Not to mention, the lack of some type of inertia-prevention device on the trigger strikes me as a bad idea on a gun that might be pocket carried.

I do love my G26, but my P365 was worth the price of admission. Take the plunge, the water is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I heard there were rolling improvements on the gun and the big "made by date" to look for is June or July. Has any more been made since then or are all made after the June/July supposedly the same? I'm looking to grab one for Black Friday for around $420.

Mine is post June. For an update it now has about 300 rounds down the pipe. I just cant warm up t o it. Either giving it to a family member or trading it for something else. I have 6 handguns never considered getting rid of any of them. This will be my first. I just don't feel confident with it.

I do however love carrying my XDS 45. Fits my hand much better.

In looking at the way this pistol was introduced, small, 10 round magazine, good trigger, accurate.

Then the primer drag! That had to break the firing pin! How that could not have been seen during testing, and fixed, I do not know. A couple of triggers broke?
Sig is a huge Company, been around for years, how could this happen?

My Glock 19 is good enough for me.

Finally had a chance to see how the p365 would fit me. Better trigger than my Kimber9. I would have bought the little SIG, but the rear of the base of the grip dug into the palm of my hand. Suspect it would break the skin when firing it. (Wimp Softy:-) Felt ok with 12 round mag. However, didn't feel like spending almost $50 to make the gun comfortable. Especially since I already have the Kimber9 and a Shield45 to carry. b/t/w, I find the Shield easier to control than the Kimber9.

In looking at the way this pistol was introduced, small, 10 round magazine, good trigger, accurate.

Then the primer drag! That had to break the firing pin! How that could not have been seen during testing, and fixed, I do not know. A couple of triggers broke?
Sig is a huge Company, been around for years, how could this happen?

My Glock 19 is good enough for me.

So you never give any brand a second chance? Does that include EVERY car maker since they all have had recalls? Or all of the gun makers who have had issues with a new model?

Back