Should I be burned at the stake?

stagpanther

Has anyone tried this with their 45-70; and has it held up? This is a primary arms reddot--higher than average quality for made in china but my luck with Chicom optics has been miserable for the most part--except for Primary Arm's stuff.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1154.JPG
    IMG_1154.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 959
I don't think I'd burn you at the stake, maybe just water board you a couple of times. The only thing you did wrong was not using a Burris FF3 which is smaller, better quality, and has more features. I put one on a Turnbull 1886 for a while. I used a Turnbull side plate to do it, so if it's not sacrilege to them, it must be OK.

Lol. My lever gun has an adj stock AND wears a suppressor. It will have a reddot as soon as i get around to finding a mount.

Personally, I prefer shooting my 45/70 at 100 yrds. I've left the buckhorn sight on the brass Henry, as previously stated. I do have an AR-15 with a red dot, as does my wife. But we use 3x magnifiers with those for 100 yrds. Some people don't like magnifiers, I do. I have other ARs with scopes. I just don't care for 100 yrd shots with just a red dot.

That aside, we know these are not original Henry's, but that red dot doesn't even look the part, IMO. :)

You have posted before you have trouble seeing open sights. If adding a red dot is what it takes then go for it. You can only shoot as well as you can see.

You have posted before you have trouble seeing open sights. If adding a red dot is what it takes then go for it. You can only shoot as well as you can see.
I can actually see and shoot pretty well with the stock irons--mainly because of the longer sight radius afforded by the 22" barrel. That's assuming, though, I have lot's of time to sight-in on the target--might be quicker with a reddot the way I see it, so to speak.

Your "stuff" ;Your call

At face value, I would not burn you at the stake. Rather, I "might" help collect the wood. Have not said this for awhile but will not tell any man what to do with his wife or his money. ….. :)

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
Some people should not be allowed to own classic looking lever guns!:D LOL

Kidding aside, I put a set of Tru Glow sights on my Henry 22WMR Golden Boy. I hate the looks, but I can see the sights much better than the buckhorn/gold bead originals.

If you were in my neighborhood, you'd better lock your door & keep your hose ready for immediate action....

I grew up with Gene, Roy, Hoppy, and the Lone Ranger.
Some things just ain't right.
Sigh.....
Denis

Ghosts of the past

Reminds me of the time I sold a T.C. Hawken model to a buddy of mine. He mounted a older laser onto the barrel. Later, sold it back to me and the only reason I bought it was because it was the first of many M/L's that I have bought. It was in sad shape and had more hole and center punch marks than I can remember. I really had to let go of some of the thoughts that came to mind. ……. :(

At least there is no irreversible work done to this Henry. …… :)

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
Back