Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's too late...way too late, but I have to try:

"When cleaning guns"

"You'll do just fine"

"If you'll just stick"

"To #9"

Ready?

"BURMA SHAVE"

Very good, reinert. I miss those old Burma Shave signs.

"She raced her chariot at eighty per, they picked up what had Ben Hur."

I try to keep water out of my bore

Why? Water has been used for centuries to clean black powder barrels. It's not going to hurt anything.

6Qijcfwh.jpg

0a3L4ACh.jpg

yRMjOlRh.jpg

Yes that's a Weatherby mark V

Last edited:
Tear a bumper from your car and we will send you a half pound Jar - Burma Shave.

Legend has it they got more bumpers than they knew what to do with!

Free offer! Free offer! / Rip a fender off your car / mail it in / for a half-pound jar / Burma-Shave
A large number of fenders were received by the company, which made good on its promise.[6]

"Has anyone on here ever used Barbasol shaving cream to clean the inside of their gun barrels?"

No, but I do use Hoppes to shave with. Keeps the gnats away, too.

OK, let's focus, Gentlemen.

This isn't a discussion about ancient advertising practices.

Stay on topic, please

Seriously?

Me thinks you ask too much.

Let it fizzle down your barrel, then you can turn and twarill, Burma Shave!

My apologies, in the trying times when we could be at war with NK in a heartbeat, some good humor was doing me good.

If you're really interested in something foamy to clean your gun, might I suggest Break-Free Foaming Bore Cleaning Solvent? It will probably get the job done better than any drug store can of shaving cream.

My first unit in the Army, we had probably 3-5 M4s that the finish was gone on the upper and lower receiver (only the receivers, not barrel, stock, etc). I asked the armor what happened and he said some Soldiers were using shaving cream to clean their weapons and no one realized it until it was too late. I can't confirm with first hand knowledge that it's true, but the armorer was a stand-up guy who I trusted and I always accepted it as fact.

Guess that doesn't apply to the inside of a barrel since there is no finish, but possibly applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back