SAMCO K31s

reminds me of a disgruntled ex-employee of one of the major online milsurp parts distributors talking about people would come into the store asking if they had a specific part with a specific stamp on it, the guys would walk in the back room, you'd here a few loud bangs of hammer on steel and they'd walk back in holding the exact part you'd asked for with all the "right stamps".

no matter, the M41 I got shoots well enough, if it's nothing more than Gibbs grade fake then so be it, I'm already stuck with it.

Yeah, I am still going to go through with getting mine but I am definitely going to look it over well and post up pics so those who know much more than myself about these rifles can look it over as well.

I had heard everything from them making possible fakes to the rifles being old snippers that were no longer up to snuff and that's why they have no scope. So I was very skeptical before ever placing my order and that's why I asked you about yours. You're the only person I have seen that was willing to take the chance on one recently other than myself.

I asked the lady at samco if they were decommissioned snipers she told me no that the scopes got lost or broken over time and that they were 100% fine so I then asked her if I am not happy with it who pays to send it back and she said they would so I placed the order.

Last edited:
Kilimanjaro what did they say when you called them?

I am still getting the same exact story so at this rate it will be over a month from the time I placed my order before they even ship the rifle and that's if they actually stick to the time line they gave me this time.

I am still getting the same exact story so at this rate it will be over a month from the time I placed my order before they even ship the rifle and that's if they actually stick to the time line they gave me this time.

They said 'Wait for it, it's coming." So, I'll wait for it, I guess.

They didn't say anything about moving locations or their internet system being down?

I'll be real curious to see how this unfolds...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I told them to call me before charging me and I finally got the call yesterday saying they where going to charge me and ship my order.

A new thread with pics to come when the little lady finally arrives.

Well, the unissued K31 from Samco has arrived. Walnut stock, new sling, muzzle cover, and totally pristine, all-matching, unissued Swiss K31.

Other than a couple of trivial impressions in the stock wood, and light wear on the buttplate, this is a gem K31. No billboard import marks, in fact, no import marks seem to be present.

Action is smooth as the thigh of a Swiss milkmaid, or butter, if you prefer.

So you folks who are awaiting your order to arrive, you can start salivating a bit more.

I'll try and find my little camera and post some decent pictures. The cell phone camera is really not doing the job, for me.

Still looking for the camera ! The cell phone may be it, after all....

Serial number indicates a 1941 manufacture date. I'd requested a WWII year and got it.

I have the new 1941, and a beech stocked 1947, the shooter.

Do get the bayonet as soon as you can, they are disappearing, and going up in cost. The brass muzzle covers are not rare, but cost more than the later aluminum ones. The brass certainly looks better.

Samco has new slings available now, good price.

Apologies for the photos, but this is the new K31.

I am stunned to see a 1941 service rifle in this condition, but looking at the production run totals from the serial no. reports, the Swiss puttered along making 10,000 or 15,000 rifles a year, then in 1941 and 1942, a sudden jump to 40,000 a year, in anticipation of a German invasion. I believe the German assault on Russia in 1941 and getting bogged down there in 1942 allowed the Swiss to just keep them crated up, continuing to issue new rifles from decreased production in 1943 and later. No point in pulling new rifles out of storage to be replaced by new ones, if demands are not high.

Attachments

• 101_0213.jpg
    101_0213.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 101_0211.jpg
    101_0211.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
So are you going to shoot it or store it??

It would be cool to have one but I think I'll just stick with the 36 I have and can shoot without feeling bad/dirty.

Back