SAMCO K31s

gun appreciation can be a funny thing to work with.

5 years ago an enfield could be found easily for $100, now they are usually advertized for $300+

5 years ago, US Model 1917s were $450, now they can scarcely be found for $700

5 years ago a carcano was worth about $150, now... about $175.

depending on the model and demand they can be a very good investment or a very slow investment.

Tahunua, this is a bit off topic, but would a bayonet affect M91/30 accuracy? I want to know because if I buy a range membership I might not be able to affix it. Also, do you know if ranges don't allow magnetize rounds? Sorry for going off topic, didn't want to start a new thread.

The bayonet will not affect your accuracy, just the point of impact. It will shift a couple of inches. It's deflecting one side of the gas stream at the muzzle, this causes unequal forces around the bullet for the length of the bayonet. The additional weight added also affects muzzle jump.

If your sights adjust that finely, yes. Should only be an inch or two at 100 yards, if you need to do it, get a front sight adjustment tool for the Mosin on EBay for $20 and shift the front sight a couple of thousandths.

That's cool zfk55 but the only thing that leaves me wondering is how there is still unissued walnut stock k31's. Considering they are the older ones you would think they would get issued before they started issuing the beech stock version or at least at some point in time between the start of beech wood and the end of production.

Last edited:
After the war walnut became available once again. Being the preferred wood before the war, those stocks produced after the war was over changed back to walnut.

Tahunua, this is a bit off topic, but would a bayonet affect M91/30 accuracy?

It was my understanding that point of impact was calibrated by the Russians WITH the bayonet attached

Last edited:
kilimanjaro what did they tell you on the shipping because I have been waiting for them to ship my mauser for a few weeks now. They told me something about moving locations.

Surp, they have said nothing to me beyond the email order acknowledgment of my order. That was last week.

I plan on calling for an update this week.

A bayonet order last year took three weeks to arrive. Not too concerned yet.

kilimanjaro what did they tell you on the shipping because I have been waiting for them to ship my mauser for a few weeks now. They told me something about moving locations.
they said they'd send me a shipping confirmation and I never got one, you'll probably get a call from your LGS saying they have it before you get an email.

Yeah I still haven't got an E-mail from them nor have they charged me.

I heard they were slow but I just thought it was a little weird because at first they said they couldn't take my order because their system was down then they said they could take my order but told me something about moving locations so they wouldn't be able to ship it for two weeks. It's been over two weeks and so far still nothing so I guess I am going to have to call them again tomorrow.

...but told me something about moving locations so they wouldn't be able to ship it for two weeks.

They used to be somewhere west of Miami Intl. Airport, but God only knows where they are moving to now.

Quite frankly, I never dealt with them because of some nasty rumors that arose when they first opened around 1982.

Don't hold back gyvel. If you know information the rest of us might be interested in let us know.

I had heard some stuff about them piecing together m4b1 snipers and even putting some fakes together but who knows. I was also told they were muslims if that's a factor to you.

I do find it a little crazy that they say only around 5300 m41b's were made and samco has been selling them for almost 20 years without running out yet. Although they now only have un-scoped non-matching ones left.:confused:

Last edited:
not meaning to hijack the thread but...
with my M41 I do see a few things that I'm not sure about being real or not.
1. the stock inletting around the scope rail is sharp, the rest of the lines are smooth but it looks like someone just took a jigsaw to the stock to get the rail to fit.
2. the bluing is all perfect, the bolt, the receiver, the barrel. I know sweden was neutral, and their guns weren't beat to hell like most, but I don't think I've ever seen such nice bluing on any 70+ year old rifles.
3. the serial number on the rail is electro penciled while everything else is stamped, pretty hard to fake a stamp so I'm not worried about those but it does raise the question why they went to all the trouble of nicely and legibly marking everything but the one spot that you can see the full serial number?

given what I've heard of samco, I wouldn't be surprised if they took a bunch of 1896 mausers, D+T the scope rails on, penciled serials on them, cut the stocks and blued all the necessary parts to match. in the end, I have no way of knowing based on my level of knowledge on these rifles, just hunches, it wouldn't be the only time I've been fleeced and probably won't be the last.

hence why I'm not buying from them anymore unless we're talking about wood bullets for demilling... makes for very cheap ammo that I don't have to worry about picking up when I'm done.

Was it Samco that had the CAI-imported K31's with the 2"x3" billboard of an import stamp (it was like five lines of text) on top of the rear receiver ring? :mad:

TCB

Well I talked to the lady there. She Said "They are saying it will not be ready till at least the end of the week". (I assume she meant ready to ship :D)

They are definitely taking more then enough time to make one from scratch.... It's got me wondering if they are off somewhere bastardizing some poor old unsuspecting M96 to send to me as we speak. :eek:

Last edited:
Back