Ron Paul Scales Back, Shifts Focus to Congressional Race

BoringAccountant, you're not looking at it right. You're ignoring a key part of my post.

Democrats vs Republicans. The poll your showing me pits McCain against Hillary OR Obama.

Do you think when they nominate one of the Democrats that the rest are all simply not going to vote? Or do you HOPE they'll go over to the dark side and vote republican ? (IMO THAT is very unlikely.) So, what you have is Democrat support 2:1 vs Republicans.

Like I said, let's be real here. The Republicans are a long shot and even if by some miracle the Republicans could win, we're stuck with MCCAIN who was one straw away from going Democrat a few years ago.

LOSE LOSE.

DO I DO...not sure what you have been reading, but the latest from Rasmussen has it pretty close.

The key issue will be voter turnout. Democrats were turning out in much greater numbers in the primaries than Republicans, in some cases by 3 to 1.

If that trend continues in the general election, Obama will have a landslide.

Polls don't necessarily reflect voter enthusiasm and turnout.

Ok let me see if I can explain my side.

I read your post and know what it says, but the way I read the Rasmussen polls, and someone please tell me if I am wrong, but when they poll people they say McCain or Obama...insert answer...then McCain or Hillary...insert answer. You are polling the same people for their response. Regardless of who the D choice is, those people based on the poll results have said they would choose A over B or vice versa.

Here is another way I can put it. In the poll of Hillary vs McCain, the Obama supporters are already included in that number when asked who they would vote for, so they are already accounted for. Does that make sense, maybe I am just reading it wrong, someone please tell me.

we're stuck with MCCAIN who was one straw away from going Democrat a few years ago.

Agreed he is definitely not my choice either, but he is better than either one of them with regard to a host of issues, namely the 2A.

Polls don't necessarily reflect voter enthusiasm and turnout.

Completely agreed. However, I think the difference in turnout from the Republican primaries to the general election will be a huge increase, many R's will do whatever it takes to keep one of them out of office, I am one of them. So while voter turnout is high with the Dem's, its largely because it is a tight race, IMHO.

Back