Roll of quarters in a sock

I'd be afraid that if I put $20.00 worth of quarters in a sock, they'd spill out and get lost. Perhaps a $20.00 money order would work better.:D :D

(from MAD magazine, many, many, many years ago in a send-up of Deathwish. My mind seems to be a storehouse of useless information)

What works better is if you use tennis balls and slit them open to insert quarters. After filling them up seal the ball and put it in a sock. Looks much better and is more aerodynamic.

You hit someone with this and they aren't going to forget it.

Put one in each hand and become proficient you don't need anything else. Imagine a camouflage dressed quarter ball wielding ninja jumping through the shadows and striking down a burglar.

Last edited:
when i was in college and it was not Kosher to have a gun, despite often getting out of class late at night with a trip thru some crappy neighborhoods to get home, i carried a 10 inch length of chain and a pad lock hanging out my backpack, That stopped one guy really fast who was trying to get me to turn over my wallet. one hit to the wrist and another to the face and it was time for me to take off running. Later I changed it to a corded golf grip with 1 ounce of lead shot mixed with silicone packed into the closed end. This makes a wonderful and complete discrete blackjack. People would ask why I had a golf club grip in my briefcase and I would say, for visualization practice, and no one ever gave it a second thought, I carried this thru court house doors, in buildings where i was throughly searched etc. No one gace it a second thought. I used it a few times, everytime it worked as advertised. One swing, person on the receiving on the floot.

now Quote "Couldn't help but jump on this one. A crushing squeeze to the groin can send a man into a coma within seconds and possibly kill him. That is if you're close enough to swing sox full of quarters."

ahhh NO! I have gotten hit there with baseballs and hockey pucks, hard enough that later i had to go to hospital and get fluid removed, In none of those situations, was i disabled enough not to finish making the play. I did not want to do much more for the rest of the day, but i was NOT immediately disabled.

So i suppose this brings back bad memories....
attachment.php

Attachments

• baseball.jpg
    baseball.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 203
When the sock full of quarters breaks open and the bad guy stops to pick up the quarters then you can either :
A) Run away.
B) Kick him in the butt when he is picking up the coins.:D
Now a snake in a sock that might be something...

I went to Lowe's this afternoon to buy a 2" trailer ball. As I was walking out to my truck with the ball in a bag I thought of this thread. If you could find a sock strong enough that ball would make a deadly weapon. Carry it around in a mesh bag and who could complain of it's legality.
But even more memorable was, as I checked out the young lady cashier told me " That sure is a heavy doorknob you are buying"
I hope she doesn't work in hardware.
Steve

Back