!!!! Remington 700 bdl !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy615

What are they thinking... Remington has discontinued the 700 BDL and the regular 700 CDL. All they are making are composite stock guns with stainless of matte barrels... what if a man wants a gun that has an elegant look??? Is any one else feeling a little outraged at this. And before they removed the BDL from their website it showed that they were going to chamber it in a 280 remington... nothing could get much better than that.

Eddy615

i just dont get it... they make all these composite stock rifles with stainless barrels and they cost much more than the BDL WHY??? and the 700 BDL is BEAUTIFUL and built very well... in my mind

Wow! Looks like big green is taking the general motors aproach to marketing. Foreget about making products people want when you can sell cheap crap because customers want to stay loyal.

yea kinda hits the nail on the head... it will come around to bite them in the ass some day its just sad to me as a big green fan

It will probably come back in the future as a "Classic 700 BDL" which won't be as nice or as quality as the original, but will be more economical to manufacture and very marketable to folks who weren't able to get a BDL when they existed for real.:rolleyes: jd

Well I'm glad I picked up my 700 CDL 35 Whelen a couple of years ago when it was still available, I was thinking ahead. :D

Beautiful rifle, excellent caliber. Light weight and well balanced. :cool:

700cdl.jpg

If people were buying them they would still be making them. The American shooter has been voting with their dollars. Too many of us would rather have a $300 rifle with a plastic stock than a nicely finished walnut stock.

talking about the 35 whelen... last winter i found a 35 whelen in a bdl that was 13 years old in NIB conditions and stole it for $525

I have a couple of very simple solutions to this problem... If Remington is stupid enough to discontinue the CDL and BDL there are other options...

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/detail.asp?family=001C&mid=535108

http://www.ruger.com/products/m77HawkeyeStandard/index.html

http://www.savagearms.com

Hopefully remington is not ignorant enough to discontinue their blued/wood guns... But based on some of their decisions in the last few years nothing would surprise me.. Most of what they make now doesn't interest me, but the CDL SF in .257 weatherby is giving me a complex...

Are they still making the Seven in CDL?

Really, most people aren't paying twice as much for a walnut and polished blue rifle to drag around the woods. They will pay 5x the price for a really nice one from Kimber or Sako, though. But I bet those don't go on hard hunting trips...

-tINY

Really, most people aren't paying twice as much for a walnut and polished blue rifle to drag around the woods. They will pay 5x the price for a really nice one from Kimber or Sako, though. But I bet those don't go on hard hunting trips...

Plenty of high dollar rifles go on nasty hunting trips...

If people were buying them they would still be making them. The American shooter has been voting with their dollars. Too many of us would rather have a $300 rifle with a plastic stock than a nicely finished walnut stock.

The big reason people weren't buying the BDL is the lack of quality the last couple of years. They changed the skipline checkering to the cheapest stamped checkering filled over with urethane til it's almost smooth. The bluing is terrible. The actions are tumbled and only the barrel is polished. Call it a two-tone effect.

I've owned different BDL's all my life but the junk they're putting out now is ridiculous. IMO Remington is heading the way of Winchester in it's final years. Same poorly fit recoil pads and lack of quality. Remmy's collect dust at my gunshop.

The Winchester Featherweight made down in South Carolina is a nicer rifle. Send Remington a message & buy a Winchester or Browning.

When I was looking at bolt actions in September, I was disappointed in the Remington 700s I handled. Not so with the Winchester Featherweight I purchased.

I think Remington's slip in quality is a disturbing development. And they don't seem to be reacting well to it. :rolleyes:

i must admit the wood used on some of the guns ive seen in the past two years has been absolutly gross. i guess they are just shooting themselves in their foot.

I own 3 Remington 700’s (700ADL, 700BDL and a 700PSS), manufactured in the 80’s and 90’s. When it came time to buy my son a bolt action for deer hunting I bought him a Weatherby Vanguard. The quality and price of the new Remington 700 drove me to the Weatherby. I was very surprised with the quality and accuracy of the low end Weatherby. I am now looking at buying a Sub MOA Vanguard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back