Reason why its hard to believe competition doesn't count in SD Situations

... I've had to put my ccw gun away when a car backfired and muscle memory drew it without any thought on my part! ...

I'm not sure that inspires confidence in the notion of competition-as-training. Drawing a gun should always be based upon the identification of a threat, not a reflexive reaction to ambiguous stimuli, IMHO.

Wasn't there a competition shooter a little while back that drew and fired to prevent a carjacking or something and missed with every round? My Google skills are letting me down as I can't find anything about it now.

I have no doubt that competition and practice will help. But I don't think it guarantees good performance.

Wasn't there a competition shooter a little while back that drew and fired to prevent a carjacking or something and missed with every round? My Google skills are letting me down as I can't find anything about it now.

I am sure it happened more than once.

I worked with a guy in El Paso in the 90's that shot IPSC. He emptied his 45 at the BG from 3 feet hit 1 time.

Just because someone is a "competitive shooter" does not mean they are any good. We are all competitive with each other, just depends on the venue.

Back