Price of ammo in your area

I bought 400 rds of .223 55gr Federal ball for 320 from a guy on a local board. No shipping or tax, just had to meet him.

Yes, it's high, but he had a lot, if I'd had twice the money to spend I could have gotten twice the ammo.

Also bought the same amount of 115 gr 9mm ball from a reloader for 200. I know people say you shouldn't shoot other's reloads, but I picked this up and saw his operation, and this stuff looks as good as factory from a very large, organized operation. I need to try it our, but I don't think it'll break one of my Glocks.

Had an order from Sportsman's Warehouse get 'canceled' for some reason. About what I bought here. Lower prices. I guess I could get back on the waiting list, but I'm not shooting enough right now for it to be an issue.

I will have to decide how many steel matches I go to this summer. Shooting fifty bucks worth of ammo is not an easy choice for me.

I paid $20 on Sat for partial box, (40 Rounds) of .380 Remington UMC at a Pawn Shop. Figured it wasn't too bad.

Last edited:
This morning I found 100 round boxes of .40 caliber ball in Winchester white box for $49.00.

Didn't need them, but maybe should have bought for trades.

I walked into an Academy sports Wednesday. They had a few rifle rounds, and they had Hornady .22 mag for $40/50! A couple of hours later I walked into the farm & home where they had maybe fifty boxes .223, 20/rods per box for $20. And Winchester .22 mag for a more respectable $15/50.

Today in Colorado; I added some stock to my supply of .22s; had to return a foregrip that was too long and saw the shorts (@.09¢ per round)at Sportsmans Warehouse. The .22 WMR (@.18¢ per round) was tucked back on an upper shelf at a nearby Walmart.

These were more impulse purchases as I wasn't actively looking for them... ;)

22-Haul-022721-ATorn.jpg

Last edited:
Around Memphis, why would it be different than in other southern cities? Just curious how it could be.

Having stored it for several years, I no longer even check.

One reason I bought a ton of 7.62x39 - mostly online - is because of the ever-present chance that a dramatic crisis in relations with Russia (-or a horrible mass shooting with Russian ammo in a semi-auto rifle-) could lead to public support for high tariffs on Wolf, Tula etc or even a ban on importation.

Took a tour the other day , most popular powders are no where to be found . Plenty of bullets . Loaded ammo was picked over pretty well , looks like things are starting to dry up at the small shops in the sticks . The barter system is still healthy for me ,takes some work and traveling but I don't mind . Tuesday I will making a trip to VT to buy a bunch of Unique , I got lucky on FB and was the first responder to an ad . Stuff is out there, just takes a little luck sometimes .

Thirteen days ago my LGS got in 1000 bx/50 ct. Blazer 40 gr 22lr. No internet sales but as of last night at closing, they still have 228 boxes left on the shelf. $4.95/bx.
At the rate this is moving, it will take them three weeks to clear their inventory.

I went to a local gun show over the weekend & they had ammo, it was selling for about $1 per round, more for HP or personal protection rounds.

I am starting to see pretty minor price improvements in availability of ammo in North Alabama. It also seems that prices are moderating a little in the local gun stores and pawn shops. My local indoor range has lowered shoot -in-house 9mm from $18.99/50 to $15.99/50 in the last two weeks. Good news. Maybe it will continue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9mm just dropped from $24.99 for 50 to $19.99 for 50. Prices are finally starting to drop a little. .350 Legend hasn’t changed much, Winchester 145g FMJ’s went up from $9.99 for 20 to $11.99 for 20, but are back down to $9.99. Hornady American Whitetail 170 grain JSP’s are still the same prices haven’t changed on those from pre pandemic. .40 S&W is $22.99 for 50, down a little from $24.99. 12 gauge ammo is still cheap those prices haven’t changed pre pandemic to now at all up my way. Ammo is also easier to find aside from 22 LR and WMR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked a few days ago. Price was around $45.00 per box where available. A price drop of Federal range ammo dropped from $899 for a 1,000 case to $699.Ridiculous At these prices I will continue to just shoot air pistols. . This summer I am betting on more riots and chaos. So will see how that plays with the Market.

Just checked a few days ago. Price was around $45.00 per box where available. A price drop of Federal range ammo dropped from $899 for a 1,000 case to $699.Ridiculous At these prices I will continue to just shoot air pistols. . This summer I am betting on more riots and chaos. So will see how that plays with the Market.

For 9mm? Jeez, where are you located? I’m in far north Vermont, live a couple miles from the Canadian border. Just bought ammo yesterday, $19.99 for 50, standard brass case 115 grain FMJ’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My LGS has dropped 9mm from 39.99 to 29.99 per 50 as of a few days ago. 5.56 is 13.99 per 20 rounds. I didn't price anything else.

I see where the current price fluctuates like the stock market. Highs and lows. Obviously some locations are better than others. I think when you truly see a reasonable and continued low price and availability the Internet stores will be the Key. Some internet stores have them as low as $35.00 plus shipping.But few and far between. One LGS had some come in but it was a order he put in about 8-9 months ago. He had no idea when more would arrive. It will be interesting to see how the seasons effect the price and any new civil unrest which usually comes in the Summer.

Last edited:
Back