Price of ammo in your area

Each week while waiting to get into our local indoor range I talk to the guys in line about ammo prices. I've been fortunate enough to stock up over the years so it's sad to hear their stories of what they are paying for ammo.

One guy shoots .44 magnums and last week said he would stop because rounds are not over $2.50 each. I just found a box in my garage that I paid $38 for 50 a few years ago. I'm going to offer it to him.

I don't know how many rounds of 303 British I have. Probably 500. That goes to my son. I gave him my old Enfield so he can use it.

My local Scheels actually had a boatload of Winchester 5.56 M855 ammo today. 150 pk for $115. I had to do a double take because they had a lot of it

I'm currently only buying odd-ball calibers that I don't shoot too much or deals that fall into my lap. And unfortunately there haven't been many of the latter.
I refuse to pay these fantasy prices.

I bought a brick Of 22’s at Sportsman’s Warehouse for $35-took me all week buying 2 boxes a day until they ran out. They’re on my way home but a lot of of BS for a few hundred rounds to add to the stockpile. Not seeing much this last week but the scavenger hunt will continue.

I was in my favorite gun shop last Saturday. The ammo case had a few boxes of 12 gauge, and one lone box of twenty 9mm, some kind of self defense hollow point. $100 for 20 rounds. I laughed, I left. Went across the street to another shop. A few 12 gauge rounds, but, they had about 50 boxes of Winchester white box .223 FMJ. $9.95 per box of 20. Not bad considering everything else I've been seeing.

Ammo? Lol, where do you think availability will be in 6 months, one year?

How about just copper alone? Better wake up and smell the Tea.

"This surge looks like a re-run of the financial crisis a decade ago."

"Then, as now, China sucked up the rest of the world’s copper surplus on a combination of low prices, stimulus-induced economic recovery and a wave of stock-building, both commercial and strategic."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ves-other-metals-cold-andy-home-idUSKBN27P23D

I live in the sticks , I can still get bullets , powder, primers(getting slim), and some ammo . I don't need any loaded ammo so I did not look closely . I don't really need anything but I still buy something when I am out . Yesterday was 3031 ,H4350, and Titegroup . They must have connections somewhere because it was a new shipment . I was curious about how they are still getting ammo and reloading supplies , really none of my business so I did not ask .

Found 6.8 SPC at Cabelas this week for $21 a box. The only other thing they had was shotshells in 28 GA. I was in Academy at 9:30 AM yesterday and they had nothing not even a shotgun shell. My buddy was able to get Blazer Brass 9mm at Cabelas for $15 per box limit 5. Gunshow in Louisville today I bet ammo is $1 a round.

lx5q2zUl.png

I live in the sticks , I can still get bullets , powder, primers(getting slim), and some ammo . I don't need any loaded ammo so I did not look closely . I don't really need anything but I still buy something when I am out . Yesterday was 3031 ,H4350, and Titegroup . They must have connections somewhere because it was a new shipment . I was curious about how they are still getting ammo and reloading supplies , really none of my business so I did not ask .
I wonder when they actually ordered the ammo. Could this be a order coming in from last March for example.

I was at a gun show last weekend and couldn't hardly believe how much ammo was for sale. There were tables piled a foot deep with ammo and probably half of the show was selling mostly ammo. The prices were out of reason and all over the place. I saw such things as Winchester white box 9mm's in the hundred round boxes for 130.00....22's in the 500 rd. boxes starting at 80.00. I walked out without any ammo, but I'm pretty well stocked up anyway.....shaking my head and laughing about the creeps trying to screw everyone there.

I was at a gun show last weekend and couldn't hardly believe how much ammo was for sale. There were tables piled a foot deep with ammo and probably half of the show was selling mostly ammo. The prices were out of reason and all over the place. I saw such things as Winchester white box 9mm's in the hundred round boxes for 130.00....22's in the 500 rd. boxes starting at 80.00. I walked out without any ammo, but I'm pretty well stocked up anyway.....shaking my head and laughing about the creeps trying to screw everyone there.
I wonder if the millions of new gun owners even know the difference of cost from a year ago. Probably happy to even have ammo for their new gun. Even in normal times the vast majority of gun owners probably do not shoot more than a few hundred rounds a year. I know MANY of these owners. I wonder how much ammo was left after the show?

Quote:
Could this be a order coming in from last March for example.

Big negative on that . Also, just bought 4 more pounds of newly stocked 3031,h4350, HS6 and Titegroup .

Last edited:
Many places have powder on the web for short periods of time . Bruno's was just selling it in 10-1 pound lots and each case was separate hazmat and shipping...well worth it .

I was in a store last week that had one box of 28 gauge shot shells. For awhile, Sheels would occasionally get a dozen cases or so of 9mm, 4 boxes per customer, 14.99 a box. Also ran into a supply of Blazer Aluminum 9mm, 11.99 per box at a farm store, 2 per customer. I figured this is how it would go, stuff just trickling in now and then, but it has been more than a month now with nothing new showing up. I was able to get a box of 17 HMR for $14.99. Other than cheap 9 for blasting ammo I don't buy loaded ammo either. I have been making good use of the cold winter to reload every case I own.

I walked out without any ammo, but I'm pretty well stocked up anyway.....shaking my head and laughing about the creeps trying to screw everyone there.

Trying to screw everyone? How much do those tables cost to rent? How much did they pay for that ammo to sell?
Nothing wrong with trying to make a profit; capitalism is alive and well.
No one gets screwed if they willingly pay the asking price.

Around here ammo ois for all practical purposes--FREE.. There just aint any..

Was in a small gunshop opening weekend of deer season. While there phone rang 3x. Each time the owner said "I dont have any" and the shelves was bare... 30-06, 243, 30-30 none...

Back