Price of 777, sell my wife and kids,truck, house

DmitriS,

SInce you are shooting a BP rifle maybe twice at a deer sized animal, you don't have to worry about cleaning. You will get 2 or 3 or 4 shots off, then clean.

I think I would shoot Goex, the closest thing to real Black Powder, for the result and for the sulphur smell.

Clean with hot water and dish soap when you are done for the day.

Cheers,

George

In the field nothing beats a good old cotton patch after you place it in your mouth and chew on it a spell so that it's good and wet. Run the patch down the bore with your ram rod and jag a couple of times and then one dry patch. Clean out the nipple hole with your pick and reload and your good to go.The acid in your saliva cuts black powder like it was nothing.
When you get home you can give a good cleaning with moose milk or dish soap or windex and many other solutions.They are all the "best" depending on who you ask:) Moose milk is really great. Juat mix machinest oil with 7 parts water, some people like to use Balistol gun oil. If mixed right it will be the color of milk . It cleans and lubes at the same time and you will get no rust.
That's just a few ideas and you will find many more.
You may even want to concider building your own from a kit. Maybe a .50 or .58 Hawkin style. Not hard to do and a great winter project that you can take pride in while learning a lot of things about the muzzle loader and the way it was.
If you need to get in the mood just get a hold of the movie "Jeramia Johnson" that should get your heart pumpen and give you a hankeren to build a Hawkin so's you can keep your scalp, pilgrim.:D

Oh thats cool Remington "Kid" :p

Anyways thanks for the tips *writes them down in his notebook* :) As for the rifle I am saving up for a Whitworth from Dixie. :D

Dimitri

Whitworth! Thats a good one for sure. Have a good one and get that movie . If you haven't seen it you will want to see it several times:)

Remington kid,

I'll look for that movie. :) I'll get the gun maybe in May or June I think it will take for me to save up for it and still have enough to pay for college. :D

Dimitri

Back