Pretty disturbing range experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a middle aged white man who admits that all he worries about is the "ghetto" encroaching on his white gated community goes to the range and freaks out when he sees a "gang banger" shooting a pistol. Man, you can't make this stuff up. This thread is just full of ignorance.

Whether you like it or not, many non-whites own guns, and most of them are not criminal thugs. But hey, what do I know? Am just a Cuban-American. I guess if you saw me at the range with my SKS or my Mosin Nagant and an unlit cigar in my mouth, you'd probably come in here and complain about the communist revolutionaries taking over your range. Never mind getting to know me, which if you did, you'd find out that I am conservative, pro-NRA, clean cut, and well educated.

This thread is just full of uncomfortable and creepy racial/cultural profiling undertones. If you don't like to see non-anglo Americans (or poorly dressed white youngsters) shooting guns at your range because it makes you uncomfortable, then go join a plush private-owned range that screens members for the size of their bank account and racial/cultural makeup.

Last edited:
This thread is missing productive content ... :barf: People are people. Sorry HK, but you're spending a lot of time defending your original post. :rolleyes:

According to the FBI uniform crime reports certain demographic blocks are more prone to criminal activity, ossalent. What you decry as profiling is merely observing common sense.

ok, fine. If a non-anglo American with a gun at the range makes you that uncomfortable because of the FBI statistics, then go open your own white people only range, or buy a private piece of land of your own to shoot.

However, when you use a regular range that operates as a for-profit business, expect to come into contact with a diverse racial and socioeconomic crowds. There will be people there different than you (economically/culturally/racially), and under the 2nd Amendment, if they are not criminals, they have a right to own guns and be patrons at the range.

I haven't seen any fall over backwards.

And I have never seen a ship sink from a captains neglect, but I know it happens and is certainly possible. Even if the shooter does not fall over, does this give them more or less control of the firearm? Less. Is this a good thing? No.

I cannot begin to tell you have many people I have seen in this shooting position, often females, often older people, people who can't see up close, usually new to shooting.

So how does this make the point that this is a safe and functional shooting stance? Because new shooters all do it, it is OK to do? Huh?

I really liked this comment...

Somehow I get the distinct impression you're being sarcastic. But thanks anyways, you're welcome.

I read the post a few times and other than the young man not knowing much about a handgun I can't figure out what he did wrong. I'm also curious as to how you knew he was a gang banger. Did you ask him? Did he volunteer this information to you? Are you a expert in this field and automatically recognized obvious signs such as tattoos, etc.? As far as the range itself is concerned was it against the rules to shoot rapid fire? I know thats the case in the range that I shoot. Verses complaining to us why didn't you show him how to do it the right way?

The part that gets me most about this thread is where the OP actually wonders how he would be able to kill this dangerous gangbanger if needs be. Kind of shocking really.

Macall is right, it's not profiling when you have statistical evidence to back up your bigotry! Statistically white males from 21-34 are the most likely to drink and drive so let's keep extra close tabs on them and have cops detain them on the way home from work every night.

/White male, 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back