Pressure Trace

I believe the set comes with a test gauge/connector--does it show any return when hooked up? The few times I've had problems--it's almost always been an issue with a connector or gauge--it doesn't take much to cause a malfunction.

I believe the set comes with a test gauge/connector--does it show any return when hooked up? The few times I've had problems--it's almost always been an issue with a connector or gauge--it doesn't take much to cause a malfunction.
It does connect, I ran the "Flash" and it connected but failed to correct the problem.

I'm just guessing--but if the unit indicates data captured but won't transfer data--then perhaps there is a communication/port issue between the unit and your computer. You might want to try deleting all the port configuration info and then create new ones.

Last edited:
I'm just guessing--but if the unit indicates data captured but won't connect--then perhaps there is a communication/port issue between the unit and your computer. You might want to try deleting all the port configuration info and then create new ones.
Not sure how to do that. I will see what I can find. Thanks

Not sure how to do that. I will see what I can find. Thanks
OK--I just fired my unit up to see if I could simulate your failure.Near as I can tell when the gauge receives an input and the pressure trace receives the data; it transmits the "data captured" indication and awaits "calibration" between it and the trace settings you have entered for the particular caliber/barrel you are testing for on the computer software. This I guess is the period between the software receiving the data and "making sense of it" to output the trace pattern. I would try creating a new settings configuration with a slightly different name and assign a different com port and see if that helps.

The port was working, talked with Jim and got the system to change to were now all the lights are on but now it fails to Flash. Jim is away and I asked him not to hurry with this. It's Christmas!!!

When I open the "Flash" fix, it recognizes the correct port, I click "Flash" and it says "configuring for update" but then nothing ever happens. I'll keep ya posted.

The port was working, talked with Jim and got the system to change to were now all the lights are on but now it fails to Flash. Jim is away and I asked him not to hurry with this. It's Christmas!!!

When I open the "Flash" fix, it recognizes the correct port, I click "Flash" and it says "configuring for update" but then nothing ever happens. I'll keep ya posted.
In other words you're updating the firmware on the PT unit? BTW--I just noticed there was a recent update to the Lab software--I just tried installing it but the install crashed on my win10 machine.

Last edited:
My CD says 5.05...I hope that is the latest upgrade. Only had it a few months.
I have the same version--the lab is what is upgraded. Is there a chance you can install the software on a different computer to see if it works? I run a version on my desktop computer--even though I don't take it out when shooting--as a a sort of beta test.

Qucik google and I can't find anything on insignia other than they make tablets. I've run out of suggestions of things to try--good luck.

Jim tried his best to help me but I am afraid the problem is me. I think I will probably just have to send it back to him so it can be properly rebooted.

I can destroy an anvil with a wood mallet!!!

I think I may have turned it off before it was ready. I had it facing away from me and when I shut down the program, I may have turned it off too soon. I'll keep ya informed

Had a few interesting patterns. This is about the best I can get with my first srtain gauge placement.
742489d1547314255t-pressuretrace-ii-chamber-pressure-testing-hardware-software-img_1226.jpg

Oh yeah, I am not a gadget person so I had to send it back to Jim to Flash it. I think I shut it off before the program had time to shut down.

Back