Powdercoating update.... now cheaper!!

Is there a particular type of powder that works best? I see on PBTPs website that they carry all sorts of different powders with different properties. What do you guys use? I see the you can also use the harbor freight powder.

I so want to give this a go!

What do you guys use? I see the you can also use the harbor freight powder.

I so want to give this a go!
I used the tumble method after reading Beagles post and they come out great. Smashed one with the hammer too and it stuck. but the black (If I my recollection is correct) doesn't do well.

I used the bb.s in the plastic tub and took them out with disposable rubber gloves so the coat would stay on and spun any bullets between my fingers to rub the power to any bare spots.

Here's how they turned out >>>
temporary-14.jpg

From what I understand and what I learned from epoxy coating is the Gloss ones seem to work best.
Thiers a guy over in cast boolits forums that sells powders his tested for dry tumble coating at a good price. Just put in my first order with him today.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?241259-Hi-quality-Powder-for-DT-or-Spraying-bullets

You guys in the south are lucky cause up here in Indiana were freezing our butts off so no powder coating till spring!

I would think the cold would dry out the air making for a better static charge for dry tumbling. Extra Jacket 3 pairs of socks and good gloves.

I started with and still use HF red a lot. And I LOVE HF matte black for my Ninja Black Bad Boys.....ESPC only.

HF yellow and white do not cover as well and you see dark Pb thru the pigments. Still covers with the PC base clear stuff in there though.

Smoke's powder is VERY nice. I use the blue.

I use the black airsoft BB's and coolwhip/Ziplok Screw lid containers for BBDT. In AZ the humidity is normally low and it works great. But I started with the HF ESPC gun and it works perfect in just about any weather. Just recently bought one of the $50 ESPC guns of Amazon and have been very impressed. Just grab it and start spraying. No hoses or compressors and bunches of wires.

BBDT or ESPC...............PC'ing is amazing! NO grease smoke, no leading, no sticky greasy rounds in the AZ summer heat. No loss of accuracy that I can detect. And it is FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Back