Poll: If you could choose your combat sidearm.

If I resolved to carry a 1911 into combat and knew that I wouldn't have to conceal it, I would go with a Para-USA 1911. That double-stack makes a difference.

Failing that, I'd take an M9 or a Sig 228.

If limited to what i own, I'd bring them all! :D J/K, I'd probably bring my Sig P220.

If I could pick anything, probably a Sig P226 over the P220 for the higher capacity.

I'd choose a 1911, preferably a Commander size and definitely a single stack. I am short and have small hands. I carried a 1911 when in uniform in Vietnam, 1969-70. I have currently have three - all with slim grips.

Sig 229 in 9mm. Why? Because I can shoot the heck out of that pistol. Still don't own one yet but my cousin has one that I shoot all the time. Fine piece of hardware.

If I had to pick a pistol I own it would be the Beretta M9A1, sure the Marines already use that pistol but I live in Massachusetts and can only get pre-ban magazines, which I just happen to have a few 15rd mags for the Beretta. So right now the only pistol I own with high capacity mags is the Beretta, therefore it is my go to pistol. It sucks living in such an anti-gun state, but I am just happy to have my CCW and some high cap mags for my M9A1 and M1A.

Gonna go with a Glock.

It's realible, stupid easy, tough as nails and I wouldn't really give a crap if it didn't come home in perfect working order, if it managed to come home at all.

I certainly wouldn't take something expensive, picky or would fair poorly if dropped in a puddle.

going to be kinda different here, Coonan .357 Magnum 1911, cuz i believe that's what Gen. Patton would have chosen if it existed in his life time, cuz he did refer to his Ivory Gripped Colt SAA in .357 Mag. as his "killing gun". :D

Beretta m9. If for the only reason being that I carried one in Iraq and it proved to be very reliable. Not to mention the ease of takedown and cleaning.

Back