Police shooting in Wisconsin 4/22/2011

I think the scariest part of the encounter is where it took place. Appears to be a residential neighborhood with lots of houses directly behind the bad guy. I'm thankfull noone but the bad guy was injured. Thank you to the officers for getting him off the streets.

Now that is a fire fight, fast and scary! You couldn't pay me enough to be a street cop. Too dangerous and too damn stressfull:cool: If that idiot wanted to commit suicide he should have just done it; rather then making some poor cops have to do it.

Thank goodness the BG got stuck, or this could have turned into a bigger nightmare. Happy to see this guy taken out.

"...McCloskey was a suspect in an earlier drive-by shooting in Tomah in which no one was hurt. Police have said he may be linked to as many as 10 other seemingly random drive-by shootings across Wisconsin and Illinois...." [Jessica Larsen / Tomah Journal lacrossetribune.com | Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:15 am]

Couple of years ago I stopped visiting Illinois (and Wisconsin) since both states do not honor my carry license. Sure wouldn't want that perp shooting at me with no way to protect myself.

Good to hear no police officers or bystanders were killed.

First of all im really glad that no cops or innocent people got killed....and before I say anything eles I have never been in any situation like that and I don't know how I would have reacted or if I could think clearly with all the stress and adrenaline..however you guys have got to admit that in a suburb with houses all around them you wouldn't have sit there and emptied your mag on a truck I mean every bullet you fire is a chance of hitting someone I like how they shot out the tires and stuff....but that was a complete and utter cluster..a combination of bad aim and even worse tactics..that was pure luck that truck got stuck and nobody eles got killed

Well this justre inforces my saying never shoot at a cop. What was he thinking? they would let him leave after shooting at them?

Sent this to my cousin he retired 2 years ago from Omahas force. My other cousin on the force since the 60s is still working part time at a desk. Never had to clear leather in all his years on the force.

I don't think the truck got stuck, it looks to me like 2 things happened simultaneusly - the tires were shot out and the driver was shot also.

I could be wrong. But when I look at where his rear tires are - it doesn't look like he's in a ditch.

I don't know...

The police officers sent a ton a lead in that guy's direction.

Last edited:
"I don't think the truck got stuck"

Look at the video again; the truck lurches back and visibly drops, then the air is filled with white smoke from the tire turning in place, burning rubber. Also, look at the tail light area; he actually went back and forth between drive and reverse trying to break free. I can't decide if he was trying to ram the cruiser, or get away from the obstruction keeping him trapped, but I think he was thinking escape. If he could gotten free, the chase takes on a new, more dangerous dimension.

Last edited:
Now that I look at it closer I guess he did get stuck.

I am wondering if he dug himself in by slamming on the accelerator.

He was stupid to get out of the truck without putting in park, or putting the parking break on - not sure if he had a manual or not.

Probably was making mental mistakes cuz his mind was racing. Also, if he'd have stopped at a different corner - or in front of the telephone pole & fire hydrant he wouldn't have had to put the truck in reverse, he could have just driven forward.

Well, if the bad guys were all really smart they probably would be working for a fortune 500 company embezzling for a living.

I don't think the truck got stuck,

It appeared to me that the perp/doofus got out of his vehichle while it was still in drive and sprayed a 1/2 dozen shots at the cop .... meanwhile, his vehichle rolled forward to the pole. The perp turns to get back in and has to turn and run to get back in. At this point the officers begin returning fire, possibly hitting him. He re-enters the vehichle and the officers continue to hose it down with bullets. He he jumps on the gas, oblivious to the fact that the truck is not going to push through the utility pole.... causing the tires to smoke- you can hear the engine roaring ..... When the back window is shot out at about 1:12, you can still see him sitting up...... for 10 seconds or so, while he continues to try to drive through the telephone pole...... all the while the officers are shooting at him. Betcha he caught a slug in the back of the head......

.... I'd sure hate to have been in the house directly behind the perp's vehichle.

He was stuck, but I can't tell if he was somehow hung up with the phone pole (pun) on the front end as the truck does lurch and stops and then the white smoke does occur, or what exactly happened, but the truck stopped very abruptly without brakes being applied.

The way the truck pivots the back end and not the front, after further review of the vid, it does seem that the front end was somehow hung up, maybe the bumper or based on how it pivoted, the left front wheel.

Back