Pictures of Your fanciest Grips

TennJed, What is that wood on the grips 4th picture down. I believe it is a ruger? I usually like simple grips but the texture on that wood is amazing. That is, if it is wood. I have never seen anything like it, looks like fire.

TennJed, What is that wood on the grips 4th picture down. I believe it is a ruger? I usually like simple grips but the texture on that wood is amazing. That is, if it is wood. I have never seen anything like it, looks like fire.
I'm not TennJed, but if I'm not mistaken that is a stabilized burl of some sort (amboynia perhaps?).

Very, very nice, TennJed. That's my favorite grip/handle wood. I have a bunch of Bark River knives with amboynia burl handles.

Just received these today!
avu9emyv.jpg

grips4guns website. They have a really nice selection! Took a while of searching to find just what I wanted, but I found them!

Awesome, appreciate it! Got so caught up in looking on manufacturer's websites, in my local gun stores and on websites like Brownells and Midway USA, I didn't even think about just Googling "gun grips" or that would have probably come up haha. Have VZ grips on my 1911 currently, and I love them, but I want to build a 1911 in the near future and yours were the kind of grips I was looking for. Thanks again!

I'm curious, darkgael, how do you keep the percussion caps from falling off the nipple on that underhammer pistol?

Caps

I'm curious, darkgael, how do you keep the percussion caps from falling off the nipple on that underhammer pistol?
I squeeze them a bit to tighten them up before putting them on the nipple.
Pete

Red Morell grips

I realize this is an old thread but I just had to share these grips with people of like mind. I just received them this morning from Brian Challis. The pics don't do them justice and neither does the lighting but I think they are good enough to get their beauty (at least to my eyes) across.

The depth of the grain is amazing and the veins look as if they popping right out of the wood.

Fanciest that I own

grips 004.jpg

grips 005.jpg

Rogers grips 001.jpg

They are are not as fancy as the ones posted here but I like them. Both sets fit K/L S&W .

Total buzz kill, but Cocobolo imports are apparently being curtailed, out of overharvesting concerns (not that our refusal to import will stop the practice) :(. Local wood store (LWS ;)) was pretty much out already

TCB

Back