Pennsylvania Shoot in May!!

Its the 11th or June. I still have to check with W&W to make sure they don't have a you know what scheduled for that day. I know those pesky cowboys won't be there on the 4th:rolleyes:

Ok its "clear" on 5/11. They also said was ok to pull some of the tables away and do some competition shooting.

We can have a little site in period where everyone can try out various AR's, FAL,M1A or AK rifles and pick which one you want to compete with. All Iron sites ok ??????

We will be able to shoot 100,300, and 400yds; 500yds would be pushing it for most and we can't shoot at the 200yd from the other tables.

I gotta find some 300yd and 400yd targets.

No promises but I'll try to represent Maryland there. Saturday means that I'll have to do some thinking though (usually I spend half the day in synagogue but one weekend can't hurt- then again may be doing it again in June for Delaware and the beach shoot).

So is it definately the 11th?

If I'm there I should have my new 20" Remington 870 and the Bersa by then. I'll certainly bring my S&W 65LS, CZ 75 and Charles Daly 1911. I may sell my Taurus 605 so I don't know if I'll bring it (I've learned that I don't like really small snubs even in .38). I might bring the SKS but the front sight is broken so it is very inaccurate. Two of my three .22 rifles will be there for sure (the Rem 581 and Ruger 10/22) and the Marlin 60 may be. I don't ever go to outdoor ranges without the Winchester 94 in 30-30. Is there anyplace to shoot a blackpowder pistol there?

I've been patting Myself on the back for the number of people I've taught how to shoot in the last year. Now if I could only teach Myself;)

I'll hold onto the 11th for the shoot. If too many of you can't make it we can push it back again.

I am working on plans to do some "Squad" competition shooting. We will break up into groups and take on multiple targets at various ranges. I may throw in a few Civilian or Innocent Palistinian children in the mix too:)

I'm in for the 11th, unless something suddenly comes up. I'll bring everything I have. I look forward to some shotgunning, although trying the FAL at long range should be fun too.

If anyone else from the NoVA area wants to ride with me, let me know. :)

Cool...

Looks like I may have to stop down & check things out...

Never knew this gun board, or the W&W range even existed...

I'm in Reading, so it's just down the road from me...

Gotta check my schedule first, might be in Wildwood for the big Hot Rod cruise...

GAACK! Well David tried that maneuver, Geoff. But I managed to break free.

Seriously, I would much rather be there in PA this weekend than where I have to be, but it ain't gonna happen. I have to be travelling in the opposite direction over the weekend.

It's only a 3.5 hour drive, IIRC.

I'm buying you dinner for driving that far;)

I need some lessons on "Off-hand shooting" this weekend so its going to be a teach and learn shoot.

I had a pretty bad week and I haven't had time to get things together for any of the "Squad" competition. I'm going to get it all together for the Delaware shoot. We'll have more range freedom down there anyway. We can do a little competition saturday though.

Back