Pennsylvania/New Jeresey/Virginia TFL members

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There are tons of Philadelphia TFL members. Most of them are lurkers more than posters..."

Well, that pretty well describes me- I've been hiding out for about 2 years now. I was under a different name for a while, dipped a toe in once and had it nearly bitten off, so back into hiding I went. Need to weather the skin a bit i think.

Anyway, I don't feel so bad if most of the Philly contingent is quiet too, although I've decided to change that and reach 10000 posts by COB.

Nah.

:p

dipped a toe in once and had it nearly bitten off, so back into hiding I went. Need to weather the skin a bit i think.

I hear that. I almost bailed on TFL within the first 5 posts. A bunch of jerks use to be here a couple years ago. I put off buying certain rifle just because I was sick of the egomaniacs that owned them. Eventually they shutup or got kicked off. It really cleaned up about a year and a half ago.

I called this place home.:(

Where will most end up...

Thsi is my question. Perhaps the sister site will be up in short order.

Though no board is without it's share of trolls and flamers, this one was definitely a cut above most. A truly sad time will be the final day.

That said, Soda and all, please email when/where and I'll see if the schedule matches the dates. Perhaps I can goat-rope a few fellow shooters to join the ranks.

To each and all, a blessed and happy holidays!

Frank- have you ever shot at Double Action? In Yeadon?

Their website is www.doubleaction.org

They have a picture of me at the entrance. I walked in the door the first Saturday they opened and the News of Delaware County interviewed me. There is a picture of me with my Colt1991A1 on the wall.:D But its the back of my head.:( Or as K80Geoff would say.........my good side.:rolleyes:

It's actually one of my accounts now.

Soda,
I swear you never sleep! Don't you own a watch? ;)
It's funny you mentioned that place in Yeadon. I just talked to a guy at work about it. He says its a cop hangout.
I have the brochure downstairs.
They are trying to sell him a Taurus revolver for 400 clams.
I hope to check the place out in January.
Mike

My watch says 2:20am:p

My Girlfriend is a bartender and doesn't get out until midnight on most nights. I'm use to these hours anyway. I'm also into Astronomy and have a hard time seeing the stars at 12noon.:eek: Too bad I can't break out my Mini 14 and fire off a few tracers at these hours.

Double Action is a Cop hang out. The Cop that gave me a ticket for being 3 days past inspection hangs out there. I make sure he gets the soggy Fritos.:D

Ha! Mine doesn't say anything! :D

Maybe I'll pass on visiting that place, I heard the Frito's were soggy.......

Shootin' anytime soon?

Mike

You know there is a Gun Show at Valley Forge tomorrow, right?

I'm going shooting Sunday. I have about 500rds of reloads I want to shoot up in my AR. I'll be going early (unlike last time) and leaving around 3pm. I am starting over with all my reloading and want to clear out the ammo cans.

For any PA folks interested, if you don't already know there is a pretty good gun show every few months or so at the PA National Guard Armory in NE Phila. The next one is scheduled for the end of January.

Guys, keep me informed about any local meetings/shoots.
I haven't been able to make the last couple, but am certainly interested.

Also, a good site is http://ammolab.com

It is run by Dave DiFabio, who also brings a number of nationally known trainers to the Philly area.

I'm going to try to get to the VF gunshow tomorrow.

Yes it is 2dogs. Nice range hidden in the row homes of south philly huh?

I go the the show at the Armory too

Frank

FlyinGN

Yes, right there in the Italian Market- I like to go there for the sights, sounds, smells- nice range I'm on my second year membership. Next time I go there or the Armory I'll wear my (soon to have) Molon Labe hat- see if any one says hello.

I am from Philly too. I shoot at Lower Providence Rod & Gun, Easton Fish and Game for IDPA, I have shot at Double Action with David DiFabio for IDPA, Holmesburg Fish & Game, Topton for IPSC and The Firing Line in South Philly. Ammo Lab's D. DiFabio is opening his own range in Jan.. Check out ammolab.com for updates!

don45cal@netscape.net

If the shoot in Jan. is not a match day I'll do what I can to attend!

I also frequent 1911forum.com and FFF.

Regards, Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back