PA shoot this weekend!

I have never seen centerfire ammo for sale at W & W, just shotgun ammo.You may be able to buy/bum some ammo from another shooter.

Geoff Ross

I'm doing last minute packing.

Bringing my K20 20/28ga, My AR15, My Makarov, My Izzy Hi Power, My Sig 220 and My !&! 625. Should keep everybody busy for the day :D

Have some very special targets, somebody please bring a staple gun:confused:

Geoff Ross

I have thumb Tacks Geoff:)
And I picked up a bunch of large targets for us to shoot at the 300yd targets. I'm going to make you shoot at the 400yd targets too. I have to go to the AR School tomorrow. I'm going to ATTEMPT to shoot my SKS at 400yds but I may end up wasting too much ammo trying to hit it out that far:rolleyes:

I wish they'd open that 500yd range. All my guns are becoming boring to me.

SodaPop... Did you see me as you were driving out on Greyerville(sp?)?????? I got there around 3pm...... Saw K80 there, and took a few pics.... :(

HAHAH Yeah I thought that was you. You were in a dark Greenish car right?

I tried to stick around but I had to get out. I seriously have to only bring one gun to these things. It was crowded there and it took forever to wait for everyone to stop shooting so we could change targets.

My Fal worked and I learned how to hit something at 100yds with an AR.

I also learned how to "IMPROPERLY INSERT A MAG IN AN AR" oops sorry Geoff:o

oh and I saved all my targets that I shot at 400yds. The one I shot with my FAL is hilarious. I set my MOA too low and put a bunch of rounds in the dirt right in front of the target. The rounds bounced off the ground and went sideways into the target. I had about 12 147gr bullets enter the paper sideways. It's the most bizzare thing I've ever seen on a paper target.:D

When I got home, I noticed a C-shaped cut in my forehead. If only those Russian brass-spitters were as dangerous to the targets! ;)

Thanks to everyone who helped me break in my FAL. Once we figured out it was shooting WAY to the left, things improved rapidly. The unfortunate side-effect of TFL meets is discovering all the stuff you absolutely have to buy. I'm sure DSA thanks you.

If it gets too cold for you guys up in PA, maybe you can make the 3-hour drive down to the NRA indoor range for a future meet.

Did you get hit by someone's Brass? I was surprised by the number of FAL's that were at the range that day.
It won't get too cold for some of us.

Where is Justin and Kyle? Darogue and Jhuang?

If it is above -10 then I am good to go, for the most part. I was suprised by how WARM it was Sunday.

SodaPop,

Yeah that greenish blur was me driving down that road. I noticed you had a slow mover infront of you :p

Also guess we need a sign or something to let people know "Hey this is TFL right here, come over and say HI!" I am certain I will be out there again SOON. Will drop you an email, or PM then.

K80Geoff,

I like the hat you were wearing Sunday, I need to get one!!!!! :D

Sorry guys, this past Sunday was my turn to host the Eagles football party. No guns, but at least pizza, wings and beer were present. Will have to catch you guys next time. :)

Justin

jthuang ,

There is a place right up 663 (about 4-5 miles from W&W), that has big screen TVs, Pizza, and BEER!!!!!! PC Pub in Pennsburg! For PA it is a rather nice bar... Atleast from the ones I have seen around the area.... Nothing like the Red Hill Hotel :barf: Well atleast there the prices are mad cheap!!!!

9mmMike,

I have to post a picture that I took of someone's hat at W&W.....

If it was the one that Geoff was wearing, mine was still better. Just ask him! ;)

Mike

PS. Thanks to Geoff for his help at the patterning board. Next time I'll bring some paint. Thanks also to Ted for the newspaper that I had to use to pattern my SG.
One thing I know for sure now. If we are ever atacked by the Wall Street Journal, I've got it covered! ;)
And finally thanks to SodaPop for reserving and guarding all the tables!

Dead, that's me in the picture, ponytail and all. :D

Soda, yes, I was hit by brass from someone a few benches down. It caught me right below the hat and above the glasses. Now I know why you set up on the far left. My shoulder feels pretty good today, but I still have a headache. :rolleyes:

Ah!

What were you all shooting???? Hopefully the next one I will make before it is starting to get dark.... I was there for like 10 mins, then split.

Back