OK, What is the UGLIEST gun you ever laid eyes or hands on?

Dogger

Nice thread going on the Miss America of handguns. But what about UGLY guns? I am talking two-bagger ugly: one bag over your face and one bag over the gun to save you from the horror. In my opinion, the UGLIEST gun has to be the Ruger P-89 or the mini-Glock. Both are just plain ol' butt ugly.

Colt 2000

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Hey - have you seen the new Ultimate Super Tactical Match Gun?

No question about it. About 4 or 6 months ago American Handgunner's cover depicted a way out IPSC Unlimited pistol from Smoking Hole. It was without question the most butt-ugly piece of equipment (I don't care if it did cost $3K+)I've ever laid my eyes on. It is the "Cyotie Ugly Date" of handguns.

Just MHO...

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Spight (edited December 03, 1999).]

I've never cared for the looks of the Mauser Broomhandle. Love to have one, but to me those lines are way out if harmony...

Yeah gotta agree Rugers P series guns are strong and simple and reliable, and about as coyote ugly as you can get. Why not a big bore that takes the classic lines og the mark 1???

Runner up goes to Hi-point. Only fireams maker whose slides look 3 inches tall. Ugly and cheap.

Oh and lets not forget Japan's nambu and Taisho pistols... they are just... wierd.

Dr.Rob

The Sig 239 is dorky looking in My Opinion. The High-Point looks dumb as well.

Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

Any 1st-generation S&W Sigma. An ugly imitation of an ugly original (Glock). Not only were those Sigmas ugly, they were also junk. Haven't shot one of the new ones yet.

Ruger P-series: all the grace and smooth curves of a railroad boxcar.

Hey, Glocks may be ugly, but when I wake up and see my G20 next to me, I can't help but smile. ;)

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property,
or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called into question.."
Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.

The entire Clinton family are some of the ugliest sons-o'-guns I've ever seen.

As for firearms, I think the Borchardt toggle pistol is pretty ugly. He could have made it look a little better even in that day. Yet the Luger, based on Borchardt's design, is one of the best looking.

Kernel--extend this to include those revolting piles of excrement the French call cars and I'm with you! Are they SUPPOSED to look like that?

I gotta go with HiPoint, and the carbine is worse. Yeck. AR15s, FN FALs, and Glocks are indeed ugly, but they get bonus points for looking cool, as in mean and purposeful.

And maybe there's something wrong with me, but I actually think the Ruger P series looks pretty good. Do I have a problem?

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

I cannot remembe rthe name of the gun (though I believe it may have been a Webley) but I remember seeing it on Tales of the Gun... It was an automatic revolver. It had the upper of a .38, but it almost seemed to have the lower of an autoloader... it slid back and forth with each shot and rotated the cylinder by use of a post and grove. I believe it was blow-back operated also.

Anyway, it was ugly as hell. Runner up goes to an old multi-shot flintlock I saw once (also was on that Tales).

I thought Glocks were ugly...till I saw my first USP.

My vote for ugliest gun goes to that stamped steel .45 that the allies dropped behind enemy lines during WWII, which I can't remember the name of. :)

[This message has been edited by DMSC (edited December 03, 1999).]

With me it would have to be a toss up between a Glock and that new Vector

------------------
gun control is people control

Back