NRA- To join or not?

I have been a member for 3 years, I took a membership out for my wife last year. I only joined because they offer a voice - not necessarily my voice, but at least one that sounds a little like mine.
I recently sought to contact them to seek advice, and didn't so much as get a response to the 3 emails I sent. Not even a "we are too busy", "we are unable to respond" etc. I will not be renewing my membership(s)

When I moved from TX to CA I updated my address with them. However as well as regular correspondence to my new address I regularly get redirected mail from my old TX address begging me to 'rejoin'. Seems to me my hard earns subscriptions are being wasted by a poorly run organization.

The NRA has done little to shift its gun toting redneck image - I'm looking for a new organization that can do what we need and sell our gun rights to the antigun lobbyist. In order to do that they must first change their image.

Join

I would recommend that you join. I've been a life member for quite a while. I enrolled in one of their pay as you go programs (they have several options for membership,this is just the one I choose to go with) and although it took a while to pay off the life membership fees, I never really missed it. You'll enjoy the monthly magazine.
I think we are in for some interesting if not troubling times and as gun owners and enthusiatists we need to stick together. We all agree to disagree on which gun is the best but we have one thing in common....WE LIKE GUNS!
Supporting the NRA is probably the best way to insure that we will always be able to enjoy our pasttime. So take a look at the website and decide on which membership option suits you the best and take the plunge. You won't regret it.:)

Back