No sure thing !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anatomy and Physiology

Sorry about being late to the party as it were. To back Glenn's point about after surviving for a time after being beheaded. This is what I learned in Anatomy& Physiology class in college. After the head was removed by a guillotine in France the person blinked 12 times. The person beheaded was an assistant to a scientist and this was arranged ahead to see what would happen. This wasn't in the book, but related by the teacher. Best, Lyle

"Police fired shots that killed the other man, wounded three innocent bystanders, and hit one officer in the hand and another in the chest."

"40 shots rang out, 40 people fell

Patti and The Killer missed each other, but they shot the town to hell!"

-Cow Patti, by Jim Stafford

Somebody needs some practice time!

Watch the movie Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp.

In that the Headless Horseman is taken under continuous musket fire with many good COM hits. Doesn't phase him.

Probably needed a phaser.

Aren't you in the other thread in T&T right now too? It was one of those scenarios that can only be solved with a head shot. BAM- LOOPHOLE.

Too bad Villagers. Suck some steel while you're at it.

~LT

How would someone who was going to be executed get PCP

It is my understanding that in prison drugs are plentiful... Havent been there so I dont really know.

Does PCP work on electricutions or the needle as is common these days?

I shot a quail once, threw it in the back of the truck, down the road that quail was running around the inside of the bed so I removed its head. It stopped running around after that. Eyes didnt blink tho and its lips never moved at all. :(

He [Alvarez] was probably grazed by 20 bullets.. The mainstream media will still report it as being shot
If he was 18 or 19 years old, they would have reported him as being a child..

Actually, Alvarez's lawyer argues his client was shot 23 times. Doctors removed 20 slugs from his body, so he was shot at least that many times.

However, probably not a real desirable outcome when police intervention results in killing the guy being threatened and wounding another two police officers and three bystanders.

Posted by markj
Gotta be true, I red it in the internets....

Oh damn! My screen is blue, I must be using the wrong filter! And would someone help me I might be on the wrong internet. How do I know if I'm on the right one?:D:confused::D

I would have to say none of the 20 hit anything major. Its like the guy who shoots a deer 5 times and later when you finaly put it down none were in the boiler room even though he swears he shot it in the lungs every time.

Yep adenosine triphosphate prevents the slowing of the heart, added with epinephrine, you get a life stabilizing combo.

FYI,
The brain can live without oxygen for 10 minutes before severe damage occurs to the brain cells.

thesheepdog said:
The brain can live without oxygen for 10 minutes before severe damage occurs to the brain cells.
Actually, no... brain cells start to die after four to six minutes of hypoxia. It can be longer in neonates, for various reasons, but after 10 minutes of hypoxia, adults or older children are in deep trouble... and will at best have severe brain damage. (Hypothermia mitigates this a bit, especially in infants, but only up to a point.)

removed 20 bullets??? what the hell did they shoot him with that they did not penetrate a pellet rifle??

I like the way one guy put it on his blog. When the NYPD starts shooting they "put up basketball numbers." Have you read a story in the last decade where the NYPD didn't use a few dozen bullets to get something done?

I think they need a refresher course. Maybe we should sign them all up for the NRA Basic Pistol course. Anybody want to teach them the "failure drill?"

So forget the idea that you can instantly stop and instantly kill a B G .

Why? You've presented one incident. In many others, the BG was stopped quickly and effectively with one or a few rounds. Just can't count on it all the time.

Would be informative to know where all the "hits" were. Or, how many hits to the chest did he survive.:cool:

I agree that for six minutes, it's *possible* you might get to do some thinking or tunneling or whatever with your head if you are headless. But complex motor movements in the peripheral nervous system with no connection to the brain? I doubt it. In humans anyway.

I have seen beheaded chickens do all kinds of things, including fly a bit for about 3 minutes after, give or take some. I certainly wasn't timing it.

I agree that for six minutes, it's *possible* you might get to do some thinking or tunneling or whatever with your head if you are headless. But complex motor movements in the peripheral nervous system with no connection to the brain? I doubt it. In humans anyway.

I have seen beheaded chickens do all kinds of things, including fly a bit for about 3 minutes after, give or take some. I certainly wasn't timing it.

Wow, this conversation is really getting INTERESTING.

What Sheepdog, you haven't seen the chicken thing? Guinea hens are the worst. It might not be a full three minutes but this wasn't a news story. I've seen this stuff. Any farmers care to back me up? Or whatever, it doesn't matter if you don't believe me. However, a third hand story of a headless body doing much of anything is bs, and funny bs at that. Maybe there was some kind of magic powder involved. Maybe it was a beheaded vampire.

Some of my earliest childhood memories involve chasing a headless chicken around the yard. Seriously.

pax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back