New RUGERS on the Horizon??

Had the idea come from S&W or Ruger first, it would have been aclaimed as the greaeist inovation in firearms in the last century. But because the first was Taurus

Except it wasn't pretty sure the judge is a copy of the thunder five... :rolleyes: they did it first, check your facts.

.410s suck out of pistols. its a fact. sure there are rounds for it now but nothing better then the normal better work horse rounds. and the size of a 5 shot 410 pistol is larger then a compact glock. No thanks. Now lets skip the thread killing judge argument.

I'd love to see a GP-100 in .22 that would be in my collection ASAP!

I'd also like a Super Redhawk with a full lug barrel.

Another run of the 5.5 Ruger Old Army with the adjustable sights....in SS and blu.....cuz I dont have either one in my collection

I hadn't thought of that, but I'd almost certainly wind up buying one. The various repros are cool, but if I were going to try to get into cap and ball, I'd rather have something that benefits from the past 100 years or so of mechanical advancements.

I'd also probably buy a lever gun from them if they started making them. A short 45-70 would be perfect, or in any one of a number of pistol calibers to match their revolver line.

Something else I thought of was a 3" SP101 with a dovetailed rear sight. Sort of like the Wiley Clapp (I think) GP100, but sized for CC.

I wouldn't mind seeing a .45/.410 single action made by ruger

A 4- or 5- shot revolver on the Single-Six or medium-frame would make a dandy trail gun....and work a lot better than the other versions out there.

I'd really like to see a LCR in 9mm & .44Spl, too. And I want Ruger to get back in the pistol-caliber carbine game. Maybe a cross b/t their PC carbine & Beretta's CX4 carbine.....

I want em to bring back the .32H&R adjustable sight Single Six and their lever guns. Add a lever gun in the new WSM. All of those are proably never gonna happen so let look at a truly neglected market....

I'd like to see them introduce a DA kit gun available in .22lr, .32H&R and .38sp. Doesn't have to be all steel, maybe based on the LCR. But it must be DA, (not DA only), sized smaller/lighter than the SP's, something like a J frame, with usable sights and 3" barrel. Maybe even 4".

Last edited:
I would love to see a return of the .44 Magnum semiautomatic carbine, but updated with a detachable box magazine and synthetic furniture.

Ruger is working on a shotgun. They were hiring for a shotgun product manager a while back.

Given the failure of the Red Label, I would imagine that they are going with a semiauto this time. I wouldn't think they'd develop a pump, but I wouldn't have thought they'd do a 1911 or a piston AR either.

I think I need a pistol caliber carbine. I'd love to buy a Ruger. A 9mm Ruger AR could be interesting.

A + 1 to
- .327s in LCR, and a small frame (SS). Add to this a midframe .32-20 convertible
- levergun in above. While they're at it, now that the old USFA seems gone as our last great hope, would love to see Ruger get into the "cowboy" lever market - with Win 92 style 32's, 357s, 44's and 45s.
- resurrection of the .32 H&R in both adj sight and Vaquerito form. 327 that'd shoot both would be great, but failng that, at least the H&R.

- resurrection of PC 9mm, .40 and .45 Carbines - put on a 1/2-3/4 pound diet (to bring to M1 Carbine level). They're overdue for return to the pistol carbine market.
- .44 Sp GP100 3"
- blued and/or "koted" 1911's. I'm starting to really yawn at the dominant stainless theme out there.

I'd also like to see resurrection the Speed Six .357 2-3/4 - 3".

Of these, I think the LCR is quite possible/likely, and the midframe .327/.32-20 as a special Davidsons/Lipseys type distributor run.

Last edited:
I asked for the only two things Ruger hasn't made me:
9mm LCR and mini that takes AR mags.

The LCR is a matter of time and the mini will probably never happen.

I would like to see a scaled down 5 shot snub revolver in .32 caliber, either .327, .32 mag, or .32acp. With the thinner and shorter cylinder and frame it could make for an ultra reliable and small backup/pocket gun. I don't consider J frames or even LCR's pants pocket guns unless I want to walk around with what looks like a potato in my front pocket.

Ruger should make a Combat GP100 in .357 Magnum with a 7 chambered cylinder (there's room) and a 2 1/2 inch barrel with adjustable sights, and also a Combat Redhawk in .357 Magnum with an 8 chambered cylinder, a 3 inch barrel, and adjustable sights.

I think the Redhawk in .357 magnum, with a 7 1/2 inch barrel would be a splendid idea.

The pistol caliber carbines are, in my opinion, one of the waves of the future.
A high capacity, folding stock carbine in 9MM, .40, 10MM, 45 and perhaps 7.62X25 Tokarev would be very welcome additions to their product line.

Back