New members - please introduce yourselves here

hello, new to being a member of the forum, althoughi have visited many times before. i have always found this forum to be a valuable recourse for info related to the sport of shooting and the art of reloading. up until now i have done all my reloading on a series of singe stage presses i have set up in line. i have finally upgraded, and decided it was time to get involved so i could ask questions and share experiences.
vincent-

Hey folks, I'm Mike.
I've been shooting and hunting for about 35 of my 56 yrs on this earth. Been reloading for about 30 yrs since my brother gave me his RCBS set up. He found it too tedious.
I am, however, pretty new to computers, chat rooms, etc. I am really enjoying this forum and find alot in common with you people. In the short time I've been involved here I have learned a great deal and found a valuable resource for picking the brains of like minded folks. There is always more to learn and I hope I can contribute a little in return.
I believe we are extremely fortunate to live in a country where we can freely enjoy our lifestyle. God Bless the NRA!

Hello All! New PacNW guy here..

Hey guys, just wanted to say hello and thanks for some great information. I really enjoy reading on this site so I thought I'd join and make some new buds :)

I have several real guns but these days (having a family and all ) I find myself shooting my modded Gamo Whisper Air Rifle (1200fps). It's cheap to shoot, I don't have to drive for hours to find a secluded spot to shoot and it's accurate to 112 yrds so far (longest kill shot per my range finder).

If there are any Seattle area guys that like to go shooting hit me up. I am willing to travel an hour or more if you have a good small game hunting spot!

Hi everyone. I'm Tim from Orlando. Born in Long Beach, but grew up in Kansas-from a firearms perspective, the best thing that could happen.
I have been shooting, hunting, reloading, and competing for many years now, and thoroughly enjoy all of it!
There is a lot of knowledge out there, and occasionally it's nice to be able to share what I have learned over the years while learning from others.
Although I've lurked on several forums recently, this is the one I've decided to invest my time and effort in as everyone here seems genuine and helpful. I appreciate the opportunity.

Hi guys & gals,
I'm a retired lady who loves bass fishing (or fishing for any fish species). I'm lucky enough to live on a lake with lots of wildlife. Deer and wild turkeys come to my bird feeder almost daily (as well as raccoons, opossum, skunks, and PLENTY of squirrels). I don't shoot at them, I just like to observe them. It's been years since I've been hunting. I enjoy range shooting but it's been a long time since I've been (too long!). I'm trying to learn a lot more about the guns that I own (and might want to own in the future). This forum seems to be a great place to do that with a lot of nice people here.
Lynn

Hey Gang, I am a 50 year old shooter / reloader from the flat lands of Illinois. I have used TFL many times for research but just joined. I guess I'm a quiet guy and didn't have a lot to say. I have more time on my hands now that I am a empty nester. Thank you all for your information on reloading.

Noobie here

Hellos everyone,

My name is Brandon and I'm a 22 year old college student from Tempe, Arizona. I have recently started shooting at a local range and at few spots that some friends have out in the desert. I haven't shot too many firearms yet, but the few I have shot have made me want to get more practice and learn as much as I can about everything firearm related. A couple older guys I'm friends with have included me in a business venture, selling AR500 targets made right here in the good ol USA, using only American made tools and materials. I didn't see anything about putting website info in signatures, I may have missed it please feel free to pm me if its not allowed thanks and happy holidays.

New to forum

I just found this forum and am impressed with the sharing of knowledge with a lack of BS. Living in rural NC. At this point I am primarily interested in C&R, my application is being processed now and I have no doubt that I'll being asking a lot of questions later.
I have enough modern stuff to handle hunting, self-defence, etc. From the C&R standpoint I am not just looking at some of the older guns as weapons but also as works of art and superb craftsmanship. I have a Luger from 1917 that is most impressive, put together like a clock.

Last edited:
I'm Chris, 26 years old. I'm an amateur experimenter, tinkerer, and inventor of all sorts of things. I grew up around guns, shooting and reloading and have just gotten more interested in it in the last few years. My biggest thing is ballistic testing and developing new projectiles and loads. I would definitely be a wildcat guy if I had the means.

New to Forum

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum as my interest in revolvers has peaked again for some reason. I currently own a Colt Python that I bought used in 1981. Since then I have been down various roads with 9mm, 22's and 1911's . I love them all.

It's sure to be a pleasure on this forum.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi everyone. Name's Ben, 20 yrs old and live in Pennsylvania. I hunt about everything I can hunt and enjoy shooting when I can. I am anxiously awaiting my 21st birthday so I can begin a pistol collection.

Hello all. Long time lurker, just joined up! 24, US Army Infantry, stationed out at Ft Lewis, WA with 2D ID. Love it here! Have many guns, but opt to keep them off post at a storage unit. I'll post some pics of what I have right now.

The List:

FNP 45 Tactical
Ruger SR556
FNH Scar 17S, EOTech 553.tan
CZ 750 Sniper, Leupold MK4 LR/T
CZ 75BD
Kimber Custom TLE II

Thats it for right now, I need to get some good pics but its a pain since I dont have anywhere indoors to do a good photoshoot at. Here are some crappy pics of what I've got at the moment, some arent pictured.

74600_988905543263_6223807_50930401_4907425_n.jpg

IMG_0099.JPG

391779_10100625346901653_6223807_55767035_1645513187_n.jpg

Me (left) and best friend in Afghanistan with our issued M14 EBR's
215823_220031868012465_100000169612686_1032214_2410075_n.jpg

r e terni

hi im new here ,trying to find so info on a r e terni 6.5 looking for a rear sight and a clip for it.any info would be helpful thanks

The 8mm. mauser action krupp-essen rifle

I too was wondering about my 8mm rifle owned by my dad (born in 1896) and left to me when he passed away. I purchased a box of 20rds. Wolf brand 8mm (8x57) and successfully fired 5 rds. on Dec. 26,2011. on a lease in Mason,Tx. I know almost nothing about the rifle as my dad passed away in 1953 when I was 10yrs. old. I'm pretty sure it's post WW1 and pre WW2 but, nothing else except it performs well. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Retired boat captain

An old guy with time to hunt,sail and scuba dive. I used to work as a commercial diver and among other things recovered some of the 1715 Plate Fleet off the east coast of florida in the late 1960's. Now landlocked and living in Houston,Tx.

Back