New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hi all, new member here from the Wheeling, West Virginia area. Age 49, and into guitars, motorcycles, guns. I'm not really a hunter, mostly like to target shoot and collect. I've met lots of nice folks on the guitar forums I belong to, and thought I would try the firearm forum. Looking forward to lots of chats, learning, buying / selling with many of you.

Josh P

Hello All,

Hello, My name is Jack, I am 44, retired, have 4 children 26, 7, 5, 2.5 and a loving wife. We live in Washington state, in which the wife and I do exercise our rights to carry concealed. I have since the permit was for "concealed weapons", to the present revised version, "concealed pistol license" and she after revision. We are not in the law enforcement or any releted field. I/we carry G20, xD .45cal ACP Tacticle (both are mine), and an xD 40S&W (the wife's).
More later,
thanks JakAbot :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! My name is Chuck. I live in Southern Ca. I own a custom .300 Win Mag; all match grade. I'm working on my long range accuracy and enjoy the challenge of sniping. I'm an experienced reloader. Looking forward to discussing many things with you. :)

New to the site-

New to the site been shooting for sometime mainly like the older military stuff just a lot of fun and carries some history. After buying several Cosmoline covered guns have found a very easy safe chemical free way to clean. As I have heard deasel, brake clean and alike. Believe it or not was able to clean an SKS I just picked up in an hour and a half. Simply used one of those small high pressure steam cleaner. Here is a link to see what I,m talking about.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...LE01&sid=IDx20070921x00003a&aff=Y&origin=prod

hi all newbie here

I live in "it sux to own anything california", glad to be part of the site

Last edited:
Hello from Long Island, NY

Just wanted to introduce myself. Looking to learn from those here and someday give some useful advice to others on the forum.

Steve

As TFL comes up near the top of any firearms related queries on Google, I have been a reader for a long time, and have found a ton of great advice here.

Today is my first day as a member. I'm 28 and from New Mexico. My Stepdad was a big firearms guy, and we had a lot of fun when I was a kid. But I went a good 15 years after his divorce from my Mother where I didn't even touch a gun. I was reintroduced when I started dating my current girlfriend, whose family has taken me out to the range many times.

I'm hooked again. :)

Wanted to stop by and say howdy. I'm an original Texan now living in Las Vegas Nv.
I sure miss my Texas whitetail, but have just as much fun varmint hunting here in Nv.
Anyone else in the Las Vegas area, feel free to gimme a shout and we'll hook up for some yotes and jack's.
Thnx, Bryan
coldbeerpirate@yahoo.com

Just joined and wanted to say hi. kinda new to forums, but seems like a good place to learn and buy things.

e

Hi Everyone

My name is Matt and I am a new member from Ky. Glad to be part of TFL. Looking forward to getting to know many of you.

New to TFL

I'm new here at TFL and thought I'd say hello. My name is Brad and I'm from Kansas. I'm a shooter, hunter, reloader, and part time gunsmith. My main field of interest is with bolt action rifles, and wildcat cartridges, and am interested in the 1,000 yard F class type of shooting.

Hi from Schenectady New York.

I signed up in April and never even got to say hi when my laptop crashed,it's been up for a while but I just plain forgot I'd been here.

Better late than never!

Howdy!

I am new to this board but not to firearms. As you can tell by the name, I retired from the USCG in 1998. I now live in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts. :eek: I have been an avid hunter for over 30 years and spend as much time as I can on 700 acres of God’s country in upstate New York. I joined here as that I might learn from the wisdom of those around me. Recently got my carry permit and since that time, most of my money seems to be flying out of my wallet at a record pace!

New Member, info on Walker Colt Replica

I am 63, and own a few replica black powder firearms, and just the usual handguns and rifles for when I used to hunt. I have an 1847 Walker I bought about 15 years ago in an old gun shop up by Brainerd, MN. It came with a very nice cavalry flap style heavy leather holster, and it has never been fired. I can't find the manufacturer anywhere on the piece, and I am trying to figure that out. Need some help....

Hello, just found this foruma few days ago. I'm a redneck from central Michigan. I've been shootin my whole life, even though its only been fifteen years. Guns, hunting and fishing are my life. Besides school... :barf:
I'm looking forward to learning everything I can about guns and I'll tell you guys what I know.

Thanks,
Clinton

Hello, all. Another gun advocate here, I have several in my collection, and am interested in the legal aspects of frearm ownership and responsibilities. I'm also interested in tactical firearms practices. I also spent a short time in the Marines and miss the intensity of the Corps. nothing like popping targets at 500 yards!

I have:
Glock 32
FN fiveseven
S&W M&P15
FN PS90
Armalite AR10 carbine
Mossberg 500 Marinecoat

Hello all, avid arms fan, new to the boards. Prior service Army, now government contractor working soldier processing center for deploying units of our nations armed forces. started my arms race 3 months ago and currently my stock is comprised of a S&W Sigma .40, Mossberg 500 JIC w/ breaching barrel, Walther P22 and most recently my Walther PK380. now looking for a safe at the request of my wife, then on to either a 5.56 or 7.62 long rifle.

have really enjoyed reading all the posts so i decided to join up and get to posting.:)

Back