Nagant M1895 Nagant Dimensions

I buy mil surprised simply because if I wait the prices surely go up. I don't plan to sell them.

Same here. But things still have an intrinsic value, and things that never seem to depreciate are easier on the mind. Milsurp guns are like gold in that they always have a value and they are hard to take away from you. Milsurp guns are better than gold in that their value rarely, if even ever, depreciates. When times get rough, gold and guns go up in value. Go figure.

BTW deerslayer, there's a 1919 Nagant just like you describe yours on GB right now and is already bid up to $255. By the time all is said and done, the buyer will be paying close to $300 with shipping and possible transfer fee. How's that for the appreciation of the Nagant revolver? ;)
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=462652196

Last edited:
I just received my revolver from AIM and it definitely is in the condition as they describe. It looks like new with a couple small nicks on the grip. The single action trigger pull requires a lot of force but the break is crisp. The double action pull feels like its dragging through wet concrete.
The revolver actually looks more odd in person than the pics suggest. It's has a N frame cylinder sandwiched between a k frame barrel and grip.
The import marks under the barrel are unnoticeable unless looking for them. My was made in 1925
I would post pics but I can't figure out how to do that on an iphone...

The revolver I received looks just like that and as far as I can tell in the same shape. i will know more when I'm able to give it a bath. I want to decipher those markings above and below the date. Like I said it doesn't have the normal Tula or Izzy factory stamp. Interesting to me, I'm glad I bought it.

Well I cuoent resist the temptation. I ordered one :D! There were only 21 left when I ordered one and now they are sold out. Boy am I lucky! I can't wait to get mine and shoot it. Maybe I'll do a short little review of it when I get it.

John

jimbob86 said, "Bigdog- if you want to shoot .32/20, with these guns going for $200+ you can pick up an old H&R or S&W revolver for about the same money and it'll have a nicer DA pull, too! "

No, no point in that. I found one box of factory .32-20 early on and broke them down to convert for the Nagant. No interest in a .32-20 revolver.
I do have a crazy idea for getting an old Martini rifle action and converting to a .32-20 barrel rechambered for the Nagant loads I make. That would be pretty nifty!
Saw a pic of a Nagant carbine recently. That sent a thrill down my hindleg! Major "want factor"! :D

Basically I find the .32-20 conversion and handloading for the Nagant so easy, there's no reason to bother with the 'gas seal' thing. Totally unnecessary to me. Too fun to shoot this way.

I have access to some tools they I could use to make some grips for a Nagant revolver. Does anyone have any interest in custom made wood grips for a Nagant revolver? They would likely be non-checkered, but the buyer could choose what wood they want and what color finish. If anyone would be interested, I'm open to suggestions about price but I was thinking maybe around $40 or maybe if I'm generous $40 shipped. Wait times should be about 1-2 weeks before I could ship it out. I'm not set on this idea just thought it would be fun to do and could make some money.

John

Thanks deerslayer. Maybe I will buy some materials (just different kinds of wood from an online dealer) and make some prototypes. If all goes well with the testing, maybe I can start selling in a couple of months.

John

I doubt if collectors will care much for anything other than stock grips, and most non-collectors aren't much interested in Nagants. Might be a struggle, but there are a lot of Nagant revolver owners out there. Never know.

Yes that's what I thought. It may be a hard market but it's not like it will be my only source of income :D! Just something fun that might bring in a small amount of money.

John

I doubt if collectors will care much for anything other than stock grips, and most non-collectors aren't much interested in Nagants.

I'm not a collector, but I'm not really into "modding" everything the way the younger generation is.....

It would be a tiny niche of a market, for sure ...... that does not mean you won't sell any ......

Grips are easy enough to change and put the gun back to original though. So if it looks better and offers a better hold on the revolver I say why not.

Just something fun that might bring in a small amount of money.

Just be ready, LOL...

I started bent bolts and gunstocks for the same reason. Now, 100+ bolts per month (+ stocks) later...:eek:

Haha yeah if this becomes a major job I may not be able to continue. Kudos to you though for selling so many per month! Sounds like that's a full time job.

John

Back