NAA mini-revolver

I will get one eventually when I run across one that's cheap enough. They seem really cool and I have been mildly interested in them for ages. I might take it fishing with me loaded with shot shells, purely for snake use (the water moccasins around here can be very annoying).

If I had to carry a "last-ditch" tiny handgun for SD, my P32 seems like a better choice. YMMV.

NAA's velocity testing: They provide data for 30 types of .22LR.
The highest average velocity was 861 fps from Rem. YellowJackets. Mean was 838fps.
CCI Stingers gave a mean velocity from two guns of 790 fps.
.22 magnums gave about 150fps more with CCI +V

Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
These have always interested me, but see a bit on the dangerous side for accidentally shooting oneself while just handling it.
How? The hammer has to be cocked for it to fire. There is a safety notch in the cylinder between chambers for the hammer to rest in. Cocking it, even the extra tiny 22 short version, is not difficult to do while keeping your booger hook off the boom switch. But it takes enough pressure to not likely be cocked unintentionally. I'm not even sure the cylinder would be indexed far enough for the hammer to hit the rim of the case with enough force to discharge it if it slipped before the hammer is fully cocked.

If there was no rifling, it would probably not keyhole at 9 feet.
My Davis .22lr Derringer has - what TheBluesMan once described as "subtle" rifling ;) . It's very, very faint land and grove (yes - singular) in one barrel does a very poor job of stabilization.
The bullets begin to tumble almost on exit from the barrel.

(sorry for revisiting this place, but I had a notification in my old email about a thread I had posted in. I've set any mail from here to go to the spam folder so I'll not be bothered by this place again)

Even if you don't use them for self defense they are still fun to shoot and own.

Here are a couple of mine:

Ranger II
XlfdY7x.jpg

vxg6SdG.jpg

Ported Mini
jCDb2R1.jpg

Back