NAA mini-revolver

The grips on the Black Widow make it much more manageable. But NAA offers some wood grips for the magnum frame which are great -- well worth the extra price. Grips are similar in size to the BW. I've not tried the folding grip -- just doesn't look right to me
willr

Those Black Widow grips look hideous! Takes all the mini out of the Mini. I've never had a problem "managing" my Mini Revolver with the tiny grips.

I'm on board with those that keep the original grips rather than put larger ones on. Seems to defeat the purpose of it. I shoot mine (.22 mag) occasionally but it's purely a "fun" gun with little other purpose (for me). I like the look of it, just a cool little thing sitting there waiting to be "played" with.

I’ve heard them described as a “get-off-me gun” or as a “loud knife” ...

Q8fr2RP.jpg

I had one of the .22LR minis for a few years. Neat little gun, but I probably could have thrown it more accurately than I could shoot it. I eventually traded it for a PSP .25 (Browning clone). A few years ago, I was looking for a compact pocket plinker. My first choice Ruger Bearcat Shopkeeper was out of my price range and unobtainable anyway. Instead, I picked up an NAA Sheriff .22LR and .22WMR convertible. The longer barrel and larger grip make it easier to shoot than the minis.

Neat little gun, but I probably could have thrown it more accurately than I could shoot it.

I was thinking the other day about an option to reloading those. Just put that little sucker in a slingshot and let it rip.

These are the grips I put on the 1 5/8 inch 22 mag:

http://northamericanarms.com/shop/accessories/grc-m/

I like them better than the wood and they are not larger.

As far as accuracy, if you are in TX - you may remember the old DPS bottle shaped target for the CHL. The max score was 250 which is easily shot with a full sized gun. So for grins, I shot it with the NAA. Scored 230 points with three off the target on the side of the head and 5 shots outside of the 5 point area (best scoring area). So at CHL distances, they are manageable.

With the 22S, I shot about a 150 - it is an in your nose gun.

Just to add:

Goldenlocki that was mentioned in the first page...shut down his awesome ballistics website and moved to Thailand over 10 years ago.

So... 22lr shoots straight, 22mag, speer gold dot short barrel 40g, is key holing. top 22lr, bottom 22mag. 3yds for both groups. 22lr will broup like the 22mag if i do my part. want to step the distances to 7yds eventually, getting used to the gun. 35rnds 22 mag, 60rnds 22lr today.

Does anybody know the twist rate for these guns? google is failing me.

Attachments

• 20181230_160123.jpg
    20181230_160123.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
3 yards is 9 feet. It would be almost impossible for a bullet to keyhole at that distance. Are you sure the target wasn't flapping in the breeze?

If keyholing, there should be serious and obvious damage to your muzzle.

3 yards is 9 feet. It would be almost impossible for a bullet to keyhole at that distance. Are you sure the target wasn't flapping in the breeze?

see the attatched pic, sure looks like they were not going straight to me. Indoor range, no breeze. Would not neccisarily harm the gun, could be becoming unstable after leaving the barrel, i am thinking maybe twist rate? cant seem to find the twist rate for the NAA guns

It's possible, there is only an inch of rifling to stabilize the bullet and that's not much. The reason I bought a 1-5/8" instead of a 1-1/8" was the little extra bit of rifling to help minimize keyholing.

To Shadow9mm, try different .22 Mag ammo, you may find one load that shoots better than others.

It's possible, there is only an inch of rifling to stabilize the bullet and that's not much. The reason I bought a 1-5/8" instead of a 1-1/8" was the little extra bit of rifling to help minimize keyholing.

To Shadow9mm, try different .22 Mag ammo, you may find one load that shoots better than others.
I have got the 1 5/8 as well, did it for the sight radius

I shot the mini one a friend had--I was actually quite surprised by it's unexpected accuracy and was hitting things like buckets at 20 yds once I got the hang of sighting it. Might even be useful as a SD weapon--a potential assailant might fall to the ground laughing for a few seconds giving you a temporary tactical advantage.

I have got the 1 5/8 as well, did it for the sight radius
That's another reason I got it, albeit slight. I don't know how much an extra fraction of an inch longer sight radius does for me and shooting out to a max distance of 10 yards, but a longer sight radius doesn't hurt.

Back