NAA mini-revolver

gumshoe4

Hello to all.

Just bought an NAA mini-revolver in .22 mag with an interchangeable .22 lr cylinder.

Looks like a very finely-made piece, despite its small size. I was looking at another NAA .22 lr revolver, but the grip was very small. The grip on this gun is larger and I'm able to hold it more firmly.

I know a lot of people on this board and elsewhere have these little guns. I'd like to hear about your experiences with them and perhaps some hints you've learned about managing the manual-of-arms with them.

The NAA will be a cool dinky companion for that SAA clone or Ruger Vaquero I'm gonna get some day.

Thanks!!

Bob

Just put another 50 through my .22 LR. The grip is very small although I'm able to be surprisingly accurate (at least on the paper) by clamping the handgrip with my left thumb and right middle finger which allows for a very secure grip. It's really a lot of fun (one of the most) to shoot although I'll probaly get a .22 Mag due to it's larger handgrip. Not sure whether or not I'll keep the LR after the Mag arrives.
Personally, I like the NAA minis better than any of the auto mouse guns because I enjoy shooting them and the quality is definitely there.

Very well made little guns. We shot mine so much in the first few months that it did develop a glitch (I forgot what!) that NAA fixed without hassle.

One of the main things to remember with them is that the "safety notch" is there for a very good reason. Can be extremely dangerous if it is not ALWAYS used. (Mark my words: You WILL drop this little gun - at least once.)

Placing hammer in safety notch is pretty easy to remember when loading, but easy to forget if, in some types of excitement. Example: I recently shot a big snake three times with shot loads, had gun cocked for 4'th shot, then decided not needed, decocked and reholstered - witth hammer resting on primer of a live round!

That is good advice from Greybeard about the safety notch. They are easy to drop, and can fire if they land on the hammer when it is not in the safety notch. Well made little guns, backed by a great company and a lifetime warranty. I currently have the .22 LR. with the 1-1/8" barrel, and the .22 magnum/.22LR. combo with the 1-5/8" barrel. When carrying a bigger gun is not possible, due to environment or mode of dress, one or both of the NAA minis are with me. The magnum is a lot easier to handle, because of the larger grip, but the LR. is more concealable. NAA has the rubber grips on sale this month on their web site. They are the same size as the original grip, but a little thicker and the rubber gives you a better grip. Only $10.00. I have them on both my guns. I don't know which of mine that I like the best.

I did not know that NAA made a mini revolver with a switchable cylinder. I only knew freedom arms made one and cost a buddy $500 and he got what he at least thought was a good deal on it, and it was a 4 shot instead of the 5 NAA has. When did the switching cylinder NAA become available?

I have one of the little NAA's with the folding grip/belt clip on it. It really makes it easier to carry and shoot and adds a little more protection along with the safety notch.

http://www.naaminis.com/

(Home of the most useless current production gun in the world):D
I want one so bad it hurts!
cbaccNEW.jpg

and before the stones start flying, I'm talking only about the Black Powder version of the NAA here. I just can't think of any practical or impractical use for a .22 cal muzzle loader with a short barrel.

Last edited:
Enjoy Yours-

As previously stated, I own a NAA "mini" in .22 Magnum with
a 1-1/8" barrel; my daughter has the NAA in .22 LR with the
short tube. The .22 LR version just does not offer enough
"grip" to hold on to, for my big hand's. However, both make excellent "deep cover" concealment firearms.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Stingers or Yellowjackets???

I keep mine stoked with Stingers, however a lot of people have said they prefer Yellowjackets in their .22LR Mini's. Opinions please?

KR

Due to a lack of yellowjackets in my area,i've switched to CCI's new Velocitor although i haven't had a chance to shoot any of them through it yet.It sounds like it will be the perfect round for these bad boys.

:rolleyes: In my NAA 22LR (1-1/8") I carry Federal Lightning 40 gr. ball ammo. A lot of folks feel like CCI Stingers are the cat's meow, but check out:

www.goldenloki.com

Look under 22LR gelatin tests...some results that were interesting:

CCI Stinger 32 gr. HP--
Vel. 1001.....Energy 71.....Penetration 6.9

Federal Lightning 40 gr. Ball--
Vel. 921.....Energy 75.....Penetration 11.5

I e-mailed GoldenLoki, and he attributed the Stinger's lack of adequate penetration to a "parachute" effect of the HP compared to the lead ball of the Federal round.

The Federal round is 8 gr. heavier, almost as fast, has more energy, and penetrates almost twice as deep as the Stinger. Good enough for me.;)

As stated above, I like my NAA minis and carry them often. Sometimes it is a gun of this size or no gun. Have often wondered if a .22 fired from these short barreled guns would be effective against an attacker, or it would just make them mad. Does anyone know of a case where one of these guns were successfully used against an attacker ?

I remember seeing an "Armed Citizen" article about such an event, but I couldn't begin to give you a reference beyond that.

(I also once saw an article about a fellow with an NAA stuck up his, erm, "yin-yang." :eek: So, I'm not sure I'd want to roll the dice on using the NAA for reals.)

I had a .22 LR/.22 WMR convertible with the 1 5/8" barrel. In retrospect, I think I bought the wrong model and eventually sold it without firing it. I would like to have a .22 WMR with 1 1/8" barrel. Don't really care about the .22 LR cylinder anymore.

I have a friend, who, if his story is true, shot himself in the foot with his NAA mini. He, like an idiot, had the hammer down on a live round instead of the safety notch. He dropped it and it landed on the hammer pointed directly at the side of his heal. It fired and put a nice hole in the side of his foot. He was lucky. I saw the injury, but not the incident.

I have a Black Widow model and I LIKE IT! :D

Just went to the range yesterday with it, trying out some CCI MaxiMag +V's and the CCI MaxiMag GoldDots.

Changed the grips out and STILL in search of the perfect holster..

Not bad at close range..

10ft.jpg

Eric - ' Not sure if same incident but someone posted a newpaper article about 5 yars ago on bulletin board at range that goes something like this.

BG comes into Florida restaurant with SHOTGUN and demands $ from cashier. Permitted Geezer #1 (at least 70-something) takes offense and blindsides him with .22 (not the brightest bulb on the tree, huh?). Permitted Geezer #2 decides to also make his contribution with a "real gun". Final score: Geezers 2, BG at morgue... Lucky!!!

FIFTH COLUMN

I heard that G#1 had a NAA 22LR, and G#2 had a NAA 22WM.

Bad guy had Oh it didn't matter LOL.

My NAA 22LR holds W-W Super-X HP's, because in my mind it's a 'contact' gun.

Back