Mossberg Shockwave

I am gonna have to check out Forends aswell or just remove the strap on this one.

There is very little available for fore ends in the short package.... but to be fair, you probably want to keep that strap. It makes it really nice for keeping a solid purchase on. Your arms will move more than normal during recoil.

At least give it a hundred rounds or so before you decide to take the strap off. For safety. :)

Curse you Buds!! CURSE YOU!!! :mad:

I'm seeing EVERYONE EVERYWHERE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD has theirs now except me!!!

Just kidding of course, but it sure seems that way, dammit. I can't wait to get it!!!

^ ditto on short shells I cant find any either
There's only one internet store that I've found that sells them, along with a lot of other Aguila ammo.

It's called ammofast.com and while they're out of them now, they will have them again in the future. Check them daily and eventually you'll find some.

They'll cost $1 a shot. I would encourage you to make your own short shells via reloading.

The counter guy at the gun shop tried talking me out of buying a Shockwave. Apparently a pistol grip shotgun is no good for self defense and shooting one will break your wrist. I told him to write it up and take my money....

shockwave1_zpsvbwp5el2.png

I'm SO jealous!! Seems that the smaller gun shops are the ones who got all the Shockwaves.

BUDS ignorant ass :mad: on the other hand got like two and has about a million on backorder, of course I'm SUPPOSED (who knows?) to be in line for one but at this point I've given up all hope. :(

Don't lose heart Model12, my one complaint about Buds is how slow they are. With that said, I believe it is because they are so popular, every firearm I have ordered from them (4 now) has taken quite a while. I imagine something as popular as the Shockwave will take a bit longer. Big picture though, it is just costing you a bit of time but I bet it will be more than worth it when that little gem is in your hands blowing stuff up at the range.

Don't lose heart Model12, my one complaint about Buds is how slow they are. With that said, I believe it is because they are so popular, every firearm I have ordered from them (4 now) has taken quite a while. I imagine something as popular as the Shockwave will take a bit longer. Big picture though, it is just costing you a bit of time but I bet it will be more than worth it when that little gem is in your hands blowing stuff up at the range.

Thanks, Targa. :)

At least I paid a good price on it. I can wait a little bit longer with losing my mind I suppose! Just SO HARD to go on when I see people like BLACK SHEEP ( :mad: ) rubbing it in!!! ;)

Not trying to rub it in Model12Win, I was fully expecting to order one and wait for it, just like everybody else. When I stopped at the gun shop to find out how much one would cost there was a Shockwave hanging on the wall behind the counter. Buds initial price was cheaper but after shipping and a transfer fee it would have been a wash. I even slept on it for a couple days before going back to fork over the cash, with the level of demand it was somewhat surprising that it was still there...

I beat buds price =D ;) not rubbing it in

But seriously how cool would it be having the raptor grip in wood? And a wood forend?

I just wrapped my grip with hockey tape. Huge improvement over the slickness of the factory. I'll stipple mine eventually but honestly the tape just looks fitting.

Malice what forends do fit on the short style pump?

Last edited:
I just wrapped my grip with hockey tape. Huge improvement over the slickness of the factory. I'll stipple mine eventually but honestly the tape just looks fitting.

Very cool, that sounds like it looks really cool. Care to post a pick?

20170327_200429_zpsuzgaqzqe.jpg

It took alot of chopping on that Magpul Fore end. But I got it attached!:D:D

20170327_211103_zpsijm6is4i.jpg

Here I taped up the fore end a bit for you.

Last edited:
It might be a fun toy or even useful in some circumstances, but a full butt stock is a far better option on a home defense shotgun. A full butt stock helps the shooter stabilize the gun and, therefore, shoot more accurately. A full butt stock enables the shooter to make additional shots, if necessary, much more quickly and accurately. If you think you need, or just want, a shorter butt stock on a home defense shotgun just cut down the stock or, as I did, install a youth stock on the shotgun.

Does Remington make anything that can be changed like this? An PGO receiver? can't think of anything but then again scatter cannons aren't my thing.

Also if anyone has a damaged mossberg wood stock and pump they would be willing to part with please let me know. :D

Last edited:
Shot it today. Lotta fun. Grouping was fair. Shot buck shot. mine took out a four inch chunk out of the wood back stop. Recoil is minimal, one handed is quite fun also. Totally happy with it's performance.

Back