More NRA shenanigans.

I wonder if the NRA is still at 5 million members? I imagine that the exposure of Mr. LaPierre's malfeasance has reduced membership to some degree or other. It would be interesting to know how much it has dropped in the last year or two, but I'm not at all sure we would get a truthful answer from leadership.

if you ever wonder why the 2nd Amendment is dying a death by a thousand cuts think about this: ~80 million law abiding gun owners, and the largest pro 2nd Amendment organization is the NRA and at its best is/was only ~5 million members, or just over 5% of law abiding gun owners. wlp and his bod are not helping the NRA at all let alone the future of the 2nd Amendment.

if you ever wonder why the 2nd Amendment is dying a death by a thousand cuts think about this: ~80 million law abiding gun owners, and the largest pro 2nd Amendment organization is the NRA and at its best is/was only ~5 million members, or just over 5% of law abiding gun owners. wlp and his bod are not helping the NRA at all let alone the future of the 2nd Amendment.

I really don't think you should have to pay money to keep rights in the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution.

I really don't think you should have to pay money to keep rights in the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution.
neither do I.

what is your point? do you think politicians care about your one voice? LOLOLOL, they scarcely care about a loosely unified 5 million voices because of the 75 million that don't even bother to be heard.

Last edited:
WLP was never in this for the 2A. WLP doesn't give 2 hoots about your rights or anyone else's rights, 2A or any other. WLP stumbled onto a cash cow back in the early 1990's and figured out how he could take control of it. Then he proceeded to bleed the cow out for the next 25 years, careful to never bleed it completely dry. He's nothing but a grifter and if he hadn't stumbled onto the NRA he'd have opened a TV mega-church to bag donations.

Anyone who thinks that WLP was ever in this for anyone other than WLP is simply delusional.

WyMark has hit the nail on the head. Well said.
I stopped paying for Wayne's wardrobe,travels and concubines a few years ago.

I may be wrong but IIRC Wayne made his first big money importing Korean M1 carbines. He and Vos founded BlueSky in 1983. If this is true, it was in his personal interest to work to protect 2A and I suspect this personal interest was a major factor in his getting to a "leadership" position in the NRA. Not because he had an interest in your 2A rights per se.

Last edited:
Well, in the wake of threats and mass shootings such as Sandy Hook, apparently La Pierre could only find safety on a friend's yacht because the NRA had no idea how to protect their people.

And probably sailing on a sea of miracle spring water.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...mass-shootings-friend-s-luxury-yacht-n1263147

Well, in the wake of threats and mass shootings such as Sandy Hook, apparently La Pierre could only find safety on a friend's yacht because the NRA had no idea how to protect their people.

Somehow, him hiding like that, "Thank God I'm finally safe!" is just not a confidence inspiring image. Especially for the leader of a powerful 2nd amendment organization.

The picture of Charlton Heston holding a rifle saying, "They can have my guns when they pry them from my cold, dead fingers!" is more like I had in mind.

I'm not a Wyoming resident...but a few years ago I bought a 5 year membership to the Wyoming State Shooters Association.
Wyoming does not have a huge population to draw members from,but it does seem to have the regard for the RTKBA that every state in the USA should have.

Update on the NRA debacle

https://thereload.com/nra-board-calls-emergency-meeting-as-bankruptcy-revelations-mount/

There's a hearing coming up soon on the NRA's attempt to file bankruptcy, and the board of directors is attempting to circle the wagons. My first thought, even before reading most of the article, was "Why hold an in-person meeting?" I know right now, personally, there's no way I would get on a commercial airliner, for any reason. Especially now that they have stopped blocking center seats.

Hasn't the NRA and president Meadows ever heard of Zoom and Skype?

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode.

My outdoor GunClub insists we are members of the NRA. Does not appear to have any way out of that. It has been around for many years the NRA.
But belonging to a Gun Club, indoors, where you can fire a few rounds from your carry pistol (just in case you need it for real) seems like a good idea?

My outdoor GunClub insists we are members of the NRA. Does not appear to have any way out of that. It has been around for many years the NRA.
But belonging to a Gun Club, indoors, where you can fire a few rounds from your carry pistol (just in case you need it for real) seems like a good idea?

I won't belong to any organization as a condition of belonging to any gun club unless there is no other choice to enjoy my shooting...

The US Trustee has weighed in on the NRA bankruptcy thing. This is a whole new ball game.

"The National Rifle Association’s hopes of end-running a legal challenge in New York were dealt a serious blow on Monday when a Justice Department official rebuked its leadership and called for the dismissal of its bankruptcy filing or the appointment of an outside monitor to oversee its finances.

]Lisa L. Lambert, a lawyer in the United States Trustee’s office, which is part of the Justice Department, said the “evidentiary record clearly and convincingly establishes” that Wayne LaPierre, the longtime N.R.A. chief executive, “has failed to provide the proper oversight.” For a number of years, she added, “the record is unrefuted that Wayne LaPierre’s personal expenses were made to look like business expenses.”

https://btenews.com/2021/05/04/nra-leadership-and-bankruptcy-assailed-by-u-s-trustee/

Last edited:
Back