Mauser 98 EJECTION issue

I didn't mention that I loaded (4) live rounds than babied an empty case last. I repeated this (3) times and all (3) the spent case ejected with ease. Well, right now I'm out of ideas.

Okay, one more thought, if you're crafty, you can fabricate a longer custom ejector if the bolt would allow for it. Maybe a starting point would be 3/16th" longer and trim from that point as needed...remember, you're working on a KIT rifle anyway, make it a fun project.

Ok let's clarify left and right first. Looks like you are looking from the muzzle, instead of from the shooter. I'll stick to the convention.

Left (extractor claw side) round is high. Can you make it go lower by pushing it further to the left? Or has the round bottomed out on the left magazine wall?

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I will try to make a custom ejector myself, but that's gonna be difficult because I'm not the most savvy in craftsmanship. Its gonna be learning by doing.- :o

Ok let's clarify left and right first. Looks like you are looking from the muzzle, instead of from the shooter. I'll stick to the convention.

Left (extractor claw side) round is high. Can you make it go lower by pushing it further to the left? Or has the round bottomed out on the left magazine wall?

Nono, I'm looking from the shooters perspective. So to clarify, for me left side is the side where the ejector sits, right side is where the extractor claw is.
The cartridge on the left side, ejector side, sits too high compared to my German k98k, the position of the right side round is normal (When its the top round in the magazine)

When I push the rounds down they go absolutely straight down, its not like the feed lips at the end squeeze them more together, or its not like the rounds rolling inwards when they reach the feed lips.

This is intriguing....last post has been 4 days, hope you didn't get burned out. Looking to follow this to a conclusion....

This is intriguing....last post has been 4 days, hope you didn't get burned out. Looking to follow this to a conclusion....

I was very busy the last couple days, with a solution, and some cosmetics. That was a lot of fun. :D

Ejects like a dream now, with the stagger-type single-row feed magazine. Also installed a Timney featherweight match trigger with a side lever safety.
I actually wanted a classic 98 style hunting rifle but I have to say, I really like that build. :)

94MZBpf.jpg

8fbceHl.jpg

Last edited:
Back