Local grocery store got held up at gun point..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you the sheriff of your county/parish, or are you a deputy?

Sorry about that, I'm a deputy sheriff. That post was the first time I ever tried to post from my iphone, took me 3 or 4 edits to get that post even halfway readable. It kept "fixing" things for me.

cmsss said:
The point is that if the bad guy changes his point of aim from a place where it would be less dangerous to the victim to one that is MORE dangerous, that it would be an escalating factor/variable that makes the danger to the other party greater.

How does that affect your response? I'll ask again, do you have any references that deadly force to the torso is less "deadly" than deadly force to the head? Do you even know the definition of deadly force?

Are you more or less likely to draw your gun if the bad guy's gun is pointed at the victim's head vs the torso? If you already have your gun in your hand, are you more or less likely to shoot if the bad guy's gun is pointed at the victim's head or torso?

Why are you so hesitant to describe what you would consider to be appropriate differences in your reaction based on the bad guy's aiming point? You can call me all the names you want, but it's just like any other training. You'll find that if you aren't capable of describing what you consider an appropriate difference in responses when you have all the time you want to think about it and type it out, there's no way it's even going to cross your mind in a real world situation.

I give up. I have answered that same question repeatedly, yet you ignore it. If you want to pretend that a gunshot to the torso is equally likely to produce a fatal injury than a gunshot wound to the brain, I cannot stop you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back