LIVE from the Stand!

I found a baby one!
c6e4c38d-43d0-b783.jpg

No, it's a spike. I'm in an "earn a buck" area and he would count as a buck. I have to shoot 2 doe to earn them so I'm not using one on a spike. :)

Weird rules... Man you gotta get down here for a chunk of a season some year...
May never see the body mass down here but plenty hat racks... And the 2 per day everyday... but we got some crap rules on some WMA's such as a couple do not honor state "doe days" which has caused a heck of an upside down population ratio.

The only "doe season" on those WMA's is during archery and ML where you can 2 bucks or a buck and a doe each day...

Brent

Looks like a steady hand took the pic. No buck fever from the looks of it.

Good luck my dad and son just got in the stand and I am stuck at work!!

Brent, the rules are part of a Cornell deer management and population reduction study. The rest of the state is one antler, 1 inch long if you have a buck tag. You always get at least one buck tag. (There is part of ny with an antler restriction program but nowhere near here)

I could have shot the spike but it costs me a buck "eligibility".

Well the hunt ended with seeing a coyote at about 40 yards and pouring rain, so not very successful.
Of course the two idiots that came into the woods screaming and yelling to each other at 430 and then left 20 minutes before the best shooting time probably didn't help.
But hey I was in the woods, and I saw some deer and I didn't get rained on until the way out so it sounds like a successful hunt to me.
I'm going to keep this thread running every time I go out and anybody else who can post live from the stand keep it going also. See if we get through the whole season maybe shoot some deer! :)

Technology is great

This is a great idea. I bookmarked the forums on my phone and I'll attempt to log in from my stand next Saturday. Next Saturday is the opener of our primitive weapons season and I'll be on the stand with my .45-70.

On this map (LINKY), my stand is the northern-most, looking generally north across a creek into an oak flat.

PSSST!!!! I just looked at sat. image and seen a fine 6 point in a front yard on Arbor Rd...

Never mind DON'T SHOOT!!!:D... I think it is concrete...

Did you scare off the deer when you snickered?;)

Brent

Cool idea! I got my first muzzleloader whitetail today in PA's early antlerless season ... but I forgot to take my Droid/smart phone along. I'll make sure to take it along next time!

Good luck getting one.

I had three feeding Saturday morning shortly after getting in the stand but it was wy too early to see them clearly. Since I've taken my three club alloted does I held up.

Sat another stand Saturday evening and had a yearling come sneaking in, head straight out and neck sort of pulled back in with the ears forward. Tail was straight out and I swore it was a coyote at first with the naked eye. I put the bino's on it and said a little prayer for the button buck. He does that too much and someone is going to mistake him for a yote.

No big horns sighted but the rut's about to hit full swing around here.

I really wish you had not done this!!!

I was on the way to the garage to work out and then fix a stand but now I feel like I need to stay here at the computer and see what happens.......

Back