Let's start the new forum with a Picture thread for fun...

Jrfoxx -

Thanks a lot, kamerer. I had never heard of the Navy Victory before, and know that I know it exists, and being a C&R nut, as well as having been in the Navy myself, now I have to get one. Thanks for costing me a bunch of money

Yep, there are Navy marked victories. The one with the stamping on the sideplate like above is the early type, and rarer. Later ones just had "Property U.S. Navy" on the top strap left hand side (the same place the leased British models have "U.S. Property" stamped on them). Both Navy variants command a premium over plain US victory models, and thus it's important to avoid some fakes that are out there. There is a book called "US Handguns of WWII: secondary pistols and handguns" or something like that, by Charlie Pate. It is the reference. The "Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson" also has a page of two of details, but not as much as Pate. Learning the serial sequence/dates, and how to avoid the .38 S&W chambered British models are the major things to know about buying a proper, unmolested Victory.

Actually that would make a good sticky for this forum; maybe in a while I could compile tips about that and do that.

P.38's from each of the German manuafacturers

1943 Spreewerk (cyq) with 1943 Holster
Img1913-1.jpg

1944 Mauser (byf) with 1944 Holster
untitled.jpg

1941 Walther (ac) with 1941 Holster
Picture014-1.jpg

P.38's from each of the German manuafacturers

Damn, that's pretty. I know they are Nazi and all, but I am beginning to really love the P.38 as a design. Thanks for keeping the thread going and sharing. Very pretty pistols.

1952 FN High Power

That is the prettiest Hi-power I've ever seen. I've spent 15 or 20 years trying to buy one but they just don't fit my hand correctly. I've been so close I've had my checkbook out in a gun shop trying to write out the payment, but just couldn't. But if I'd seen one that pretty, I wouldn't have hesitated. Thank you, Flusher. That is the prettiest HP I have ever seen. Ever. I am going to congratulate myself for starting this thread, solely because if "flushed" out that photo and gun. There are many other nice ones here, but that is spectacular.

Last edited:
my local dealer just got a lot of very nice ones in... I considered picking one up... they are some of the nicest I've seen... but the ammo prices on Midway... scaired me off :eek:

but I did see loading dies for 32-20 brass... a bit off topic, but has anyone tried reloading 32-20 brass for these revolvers ??? any drawbacks ???

Kel-Tec didn't invent the tiny, tiny ones....

Here's a C&R find. Above the Kel-Tec in the picture is a US Revolver Co. 7 shot DA .22. It eats Aguila Super Maximums quite nicely, is pretty accurate and is a great pocket gun. It does just fine for a "get off me" gun.

Oh yeah: Finally, a C&R forum! Yes!

mouse_guns_02.jpg

Okay I will play too. I have some more that I do not have photos of yet. I think they are a Siamese Mauser and a Chilean 7mm Mauser. Seem like I have left something else out alos.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Wildalaska:
I was very impressed with your Nagant tree. Do you shoot them often? If so, I'll bet that the pointer finger on your shooting hand is so well muscled by now that it could double as a tow chain hook. Yuk, yuk.

Back