let's see your black powder guns

I saw a painting of a scene where prehistoric hunters were standing inside a mammoth's rib cage, butchering, and handing out chunks. I want to do that so bad. :)

Let's see yours

1861 Springfield Pedersoli

IMG_0867.jpg

Blue Ridge 50 cal Pedersoli
IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

Sorry
Thank for the info, I went back and added the resize code to =700
Does this look ok
Tgrn

Last edited:
Lee,

You have to learn how to resize your pics to fit the web page, sir.

Otherwise we don't see much of anything. Please do take not that as a cut.

Jim

I saw a painting of a scene where prehistoric hunters were standing inside a mammoth's rib cage, butchering, and handing out chunks. I want to do that so bad.

Yeah, wooly mammoths were pretty big, but not so much as a mastodon which lived about the same time in warmer climes in North America at the time.

I am sure it took many spear thrusts from many men to penetrate the hair and hide of a wooly mammoth. Those people must have learned how to preserve that much meat, no matter the animal, whether is was smoking, drying, or whatever to sustain themselves between kills. I am very curious if they used the liver, heart, kidneys, trunk, tongue, and other parts to sustain themselves and how it was preserved in an era of no refrigeration and how they stored it.

Looking for answers. Anyone have a good recipe for elephant meat?

Jim

Let's see em

IMG_0696.jpg

The_Girls2.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

Lee,

I love the looks of your Walker! I do not own one, but I am entertaining a repro 2nd Model Dragoon. I already have a fantasy Pietta 1851 Navy Dragoon .36 The 1851 Navy brasser is a .44: not my kind since I do only .36 Navy repros. Nice looking but not near historical, sir.

I want a repro Dance and Brothers .36 based upon an 1851 Navy frame, preferably Pietta so I can exchange parts. It does not look like it will happen soon.

Jim

A 1/2-scale, US 1841 Field Howitzer. Am currently working-up a load for blank charges. The next loads I will be trying are 3oz of Cannon, and 2.5oz 2F; both w/ Cremora coffee creamer powder as a filler. The bore is 1.75".

Boom! Big bada-boom!

IMG_2368.jpg

That is one very nice, neat looking cannon
Bet it is a hoot to shoot
Especially 4th and other holidays

We will see. Still working on charges.

CVA Hawkins kit - .45 cal / CVA Tower pistol kit - .36 cal. / CVA Philadelphia Derringer -.36 cal and my latest project - CVA 1861 Colt Navy - .44 cal :D

28-May-6_zpsqqgfd4lv.jpg

Back