let's see your black powder guns

I....Think Hawg will have something to say about that

Yep :D

The mini one is a Colt, made under license in Italy. You can get a factory letter on 'em from Colt, so I think that's good enough to call genuine.

I'll believe that when I see somebody post a pic of one. The Colt 3rd gens were made under license but Colt wont letter them.

Hawg...now you've got me jealous ! I have a lot of muzzleloaders laying around here, but got the bug for an Enfield a while back. I picked up a nice..possibly unfired Navy Arms Enfield barrel, and figured I'd find one of those stock/hardware deals on Ebay maybe and put together one for myself. It hasn't been looking too promising so far. That's a great looking pair you have...

Thanks OS. I bought my repro in 1980 IIRC and when I bought the original I paid less than a repro costs now.

Hawg, don't be a ____.

My newest fantasy 51/44/60 is...

This
28635737693_c62fae701c.jpg

+ This
33840496751_00db20dc1d.jpg

= ?

Last edited:
Bill,

I was not aware that Pietta made half fluted stainless steel cylinders for the 1860 Armies. As a matter of fact, I wasn't aware that they made any stainless steel Colt's. The US Marshall models are highly polished and heat treated carbon steel.

Last edited:
BP

Here are a few: An 18 gauge blunderbuss, a Greyhaven Arms .50 Underhammer, a 16 gauge Flintlock Fowler by Mike Brooks.

A .50 York/youth hybrid.

Euroarms .54 US M1841 "Mississippi" rifle.

.45 H&A Heritage model underhammer.

.50 companion to above .50 rifls.

.62 early American smoothbore.

Well guys, as a full-time professional who builds muzzleloaders to earn about 90% of my living, would it it cool for me to play along too, of would that be tacky? Should I just watch from the side lines?

Nearly all the pics I have are not my guns, in that I don't own them. They were all bought and paid for.

They are all "my guns" in that I made them.

What say yea?

Wyosmith:

Bring 'em on!

This is all about pics. If you built them, they are your guns, no matter who owns them now!

And you have to know we all love eye candy!

I don't think I need any second approvals!

Jim

Thanks guys.
Here are a few.

If you give me a few "categories" I may have pics of that kind of gun. Like "Hawken" "Kentucky long rifle" "Pistols" and so on.

What do you guys like?

I like them all. I'm partial to Hawken's but I'd love to have a flint long rifle. I've said it before and I'll say it again your work is awsomeous Wyo.

Back