Lets have a little fun, 1 company 1 gun

triplebike

I'm pretty sure a lot of folks here are holed up in their homes just like I am. If (GOD forbid) we were only allowed to buy and own one handgun firearm for you entire life. Also you were not allowed to spend more than $400, WHICH gun manufacture from the CURRENT ones available right now would you purchase from. I'll go 1st and I would pick RUGER. What would be your pick?

only allowed to buy and own one handgun firearm for you entire life...

Sorry, too late :D

I've downsized a bit in recent years, think I'm down to a couple dozen now...

A $400 limit and CURRENT production guns puts me even further out of the game.

Though if I were to play, I'd say Ruger...

Fun, huh? Maybe it's because I'm thinking too hard or taking it too seriously, but it's honestly quite a stressful proposition with no simple answer...

Obviously I'd want something of a do-all firearm, but do-all firearms are seldom well suited for any specific use, so there's the rub...

Ah, screw it. The more I think of it the harder it becomes to choose, so I'll just wing it!

Taurus Judge Magnum

It's slim enough to carry, is capable of firing 2 different cartridges which are all quite good, and while 5 shots isn't a lot, it can hold 5 pellets of 000 Buckshot per chamber, which comes to a grand total of 25 .36cal/9mm projectiles per cylinder.

Folks may call me a fool, but whatever, I already own a Taurus Judge Magnum, so I know what these .45/.410 revolvers can do, and I've yet to have any trouble with it.

That being said, I'm glad that I don't have to make any such choice in real life, as that would be very much the opposite of fun.

Last edited:
Ruger

If we were only allowed to buy and own one handgun firearm for you entire life.
On a modern handgun, I too would have to go with a Ruger. For now, I'll just leave it at that …. :rolleyes:

You could have added one of those bar-graphs, for this post !!!

Be Safe !!!

For the arbitrarily low limit of $400 I don't even know. (Given it's once-in-a-lifetime purchase, surely you can save up a few more dollars?)

Remove that and I'd easily say HK. USP Tactical to be even more concrete.

That's why I put a $400 limit. It makes you think a little. It would not be any fun and it would be a no brainer that everyone would pick $1000 - $2000 guns. I am curious as too what company folks would pick since you only got one shot and you're going to have to reply on that company for life. Just trying to lighted things up a little. For instance if the HK USB doesn't make the cut because of price then you should pick the SAR ST10 which is about as close as you can get to the USB.

Last edited:
The $400 limit means mostly plastic frames and really does not include much I would buy. I could pick up a Ruger Mark IV, but I would probably look at Canik just because of the price restrictions.

With that price constraint, I would pick up a Taurus M66 stainless .357 with a four inch barrel. I see them online right at the $ 400 mark.

Glock 19. LGS had the Gen 3 on sale a while back for $399 so that would be my choice. Second place would be M&P 2.0 Compact that also is at that price point fairly often.

One gun forever would be a S&W M&P in .40. New however I believe they are outside of your $400 high water mark. So, I'd have to go with Ruger, probably a smaller carry gun like the EC9.

The EC9 isn't a fantastic gun mind you, but it ain't bad and I trust Ruger's designs, quality and customer service.

That does not sound even remotely fun.
I agree. If I were to only be allowed to buy a single handgun it would surely cost more than $400 in today's market. Hands down, it would be a Glock G40 and would look very, very similar to the G20L I developed 16 years ago.

Even after all this time, it's my most versatile and favorite handgun as I can handload 10mm from 155grn plated plinking level up to 'nuclear' hardcast 220grn hunting loads and the 6" slide gives me a great hunting platform and a great target platform as well.

1fCs31u.jpg

At least before the most recent run on guns lots of used Glocks under $400 and I've seen them new for $399. That is what I paid for my G43. Any 9mm Glock in the store was $399.

It is G19 for me regardless of cost.

Back