Knife in addition to gun?

aaaahhh Americans....well if my primary 5.56 carbine goes down, i have the 'ol .357 on the belt, if that fails me, i have the .38 special on my non dominant side belt holster, if i can't reach that i have the 40 cal glock in my fanny pack holster, if i can't get to that, i have a 9mm short barreled tactical S&W on the ankle, and if that goes down, and only then.... i have a 7 inch, diamond coated, half serrated Ka-Bar.....and if i can't get to THAT.....i'll gouge his eyes out with my keys!!!!!

i only jest because i can't carry all that kit to the grocery store :D

Heavy Metal

If I lived in East End of Paisley in Cayzer Court, I'd carry a howitzer to the local kip shop.

Nice try though

egor20's wife

Edit: I guess they had a special at ASDA on Special Brew

aaaahhh Americans....well if my primary 5.56 carbine goes down, i have the 'ol .357 on the belt, if that fails me, i have the .38 special on my non dominant side belt holster, if i can't reach that i have the 40 cal glock in my fanny pack holster, if i can't get to that, i have a 9mm short barreled tactical S&W on the ankle, and if that goes down, and only then.... i have a 7 inch, diamond coated, half serrated Ka-Bar.....and if i can't get to THAT.....i'll gouge his eyes out with my keys!!!!!

i only jest because i can't carry all that kit to the grocery store

Sounds like the words of a man with no rights or a need for them.

Back to topic. I do carry a knife. Utility is at the top of the list but if I need it for anything else. It's there as well.

How many carry a knife as a back-up for a gun?

I carry a couple of knives, primarily as useful tools, and not strictly as "tacticool" self-defense back-up weapons, though they would work in a pinch.

A knife is a tool, a pair of pliers is a tool, a gun is a tool, a cell phone is a tool........ I carry all these tools everywhere I can. In truth, I find the knife and Leatherman tool more useful than the gun- never actually needed the gun, and would be disconcerted if I somehow forgot my Leatherman..... though if I ever NEEDED the gun and did not have it, the consequences would be much worse than, "Darn, I can't fix/cut/open that ________ for ya..... forgot my Leatherman."

No.
I would be interested in how many instances a CHL holder, not an off duty LEO, ever needed a backup either a gun or knife. I personally doubt that anyone ever needed to go to a knife.

Regards,
Jerry

I think of my blades more as tools rather than weapons, but: Yes. I always have a Voyager model on my person. As an aside, Cold Steel is the only brand I buy. Anytime someone gives me a knife as a present, if it's not from Lynn Thompson and Company, I smile, say "Thank you so much"...and promptly re-gift. I've made lots of less discerning knife guys happy over the years. :)

Back