Keystone State Roll Call!

June 19 (Saturday) - Blessed Clay Bust - pumpguns preferred but all welcome.

Sept ? & ? - possible two day TFL event

Mike

I do believe that Jamie set things up for noon. Please correct me if I am wrong there Soda.
Mrs. 9mmMike and I plan to be there by 11:00.
Mike

Cool I think I can make it this Saturday, especially if it's not til 11AM or Noon.

So pump guns for clays huh. Well I can't do any worse with clays with a pump than I did the one time I tried trap with an expensive over/under. I think I might've nicked one that time. Acutally I did get 1 out of about 5, not including that one I nicked.

Woohoo! Gettin' crowded! :D

New list:

01 Jamie - 870 12ga 28" (or 26"?)
02 guest 1
03 guest 2
04 guest 3?
05 9mmMike - 870 12ga 20"
06 Mrs. 9mmMike - 1100 20ga 21"
07 guest 1 (Mike) - 870 12ga 28"
08 guest 2 (Tom) - 870 12ga 20" Marine Magnum
09 guest 5 (Dan) - some sort of OU
10 Ray Woodrow 3rd (alone?) - EBSG 12ga
11 Geoff Ross - single shot .410 & a blindfold
12 Marcus - 870 "riot" gun though no official response, yet
13 Don45cal - tentative
14 DEAD - rumour
15 Mike_B

Mike

12noon is when we'd like to be ready to roll.

I'll be there around 10am shooting pistols or rifles for a little. I'll also probable stay later and finish sighting in any rifles that haven't been sighted in. I did a major overhaul of optics on my rifles.

I'll leave my cell phone number at the desk so any late comers can call down and meet us if you're late.

Don't be shy.

I am only a barrel away from having a new/old 16 ga. 870.
I am picking up another receiver (12 ga.) tomorrow and I hope to have that one together by Saturday.
I finally broke down and bought a barrel longer than 20" (26") so I can take my 870 to visit Dave McC in MD as well. It will not be here in time for the shoot this weekend though so I will be using my 20" rifle-sited 870. Yeehaw.
I also spoke to my three guests today and they are all still "in".
Mike

Sorry guys,I`m gonna be a no show. Last minute work commitment. After I bought a bunch of shotgun shells too...DOH,stupid responsibility! ;) Marcus

Good time had by all (as few as that was). The shots that Jamie made over the shoulder, behind the back, with the mirror were especially neat.
Mike

Sorry I couldn't share the fun.
The shots that Jamie made over the shoulder, behind the back, with the mirror were especially neat.
What?? .... you mean he neglected to use the bending shooting backwards thru legs apart, and gun inverted??? (With or without mirror).

Shame! :D :D

That was the best day I had EVER shooting clays.

The course did seem easier than the first time we did it. I know a few stations were down and the hard ones I remember are no longer there.

I got a cool pencil, though.

We gotta do something like that for September. Where did the Mrs. get those?

Yep it was an enjoyable day. Far too infrequent unfortunately these days. My little 28 was a hoot to shoot, you guys don't know what you are missing shooting those 12s.

We should talk the club into setting up a 50 bird course just for pump guns. They would probably get more people involved instead of the usual sunday morning sporting clays crowd. The course was empty on a saturday afternoon in superb shooting weather. No wonder the clubs are having money problems.

Mrs 9mm mike definitely needs a good 28ga O/U. :D

HD assault shotguns work well on most targets, even with all the doo dads attached :p

dammit! I need more time, well starting in August I will only have work, and NO SKOOL! :)

The weather was perfect yesterday for sure around me in NJ, if it was like that in PA oh man!

Did anyone take pictures?

Back