Keystone State Roll Call!

There is a lot more to FITASC than 5 stand without cages. First of all it is run by the French so you know it is messed up.

They tried that 360 deg thing with skeet, it didn't work too well so they changed it to a half circle.

And if you go to Peace Dale to shoot, don't let Richie talk you into taking his granddaughter with you to shoot, she will make you look bad, real bad.

"............and instead you stand in a hula hoop out in the field."

I was told they came up with new rules for that.

They go like this:

1st shot- You put your right foot in.

2nd shot-You put your right foot out.

3rd shot -You put your right foot in and you shake it all about....

W & W does have a few shotguns for rent, Beretta or Browning autos I believe.

Shotgun only, shot sizes from 9 to 7.5 only, low brass target loads up to 1 1/8 oz of shot. Course is 100 targets but I would bring an extra box of shells just in case.

Eye and ear protection is mandatory.

Barrels with choke tubes are a good idea, one or two of the shots are full choke range, but most can be shot with IC.

Bring something to carry your shells and a water bottle in, besides your pockets.

I thought the bandoleer that Soda wore the last time we did this was mega. Those sporting-types were no doubt impressed by our 200.00 pump guns as well, especially my two 20" barrel'd jobs. :D We "blended".
Mike

The only things I can hit with a shotgun are big dumb turkeys, and they have to be standing right in front of me, dazzled by my calling skill. I'm definitely no wing shooter. Besides, my wife already has me spoken for that day. I'll be around next time we're throwing bigger chunks of lead. ;)

Checking in. Why do I always find these threads so late? :o The shotgun shoot sounds fun but all I have is "social" shotguns. Any other folks bringing totally inappropriate guns? The National shoot idea sounds awesome too BTW! Marcus

I'll post more info on the big gathering in a few weeks. I have a busy summer........

Where is Woody? He's got a Saiga 12gauge. That's a totally inappropriate gun for sporting clays. :D

I'll note that on calendar Jamie ...... that'll be at W&W I assume again yeah?

I'll try and make that work ... and if coming am happy to RO for you to help out. Always assuming gas prices haven't hit $5 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Same place.

I may make this a 2 day event if enough out of State people are interested. Several people from California expressed interest before.

We'll see as time moves closer.

I guess if it did spread to two days, I'd bed down at a motel round there ... as you say - see how things develop.

Newly arrived PA resident here checking in a bit late. Can't make the June SG event, but I'm not much of a scattergunner anyway. However I'd love to participate in the Septembeer gathering... that'll give me some time to settle into my new digs and get organized... now where did I pack that ammo? :)

Hey Chris - It'll be nice to see you again in the Fall if it doesn't happen before then. BTW - I'm about 2 1/4 hours from W&W according to Yahoo. Kind of a long commute but if it helps you're welcome to bunk at my place.

Catch you guys later...

(and now to do something about this obsolete username...)

Hi Dale!! :) Good to see you here. Hard to believe you are 2 1/4 hrs away from W&W .... cos it takes me about 3 and a bit from here. In fact I know you said but I have forgotten what your new location is.

Thx for offer of bunk ... I think tho if I make it over there, I'll try for local accomodation to keep travel reduced. Seems you could benefit from a stop over for same reasons if you did the two days.!

Later

Back