Kel-Tec prices: Are these normal or am I right to suspect something?

Junk gun firing a junk load at junk prices (P32).

I always wonder about this sort of comment. While we are all entitled to our opinions, and stirring the pot sometimes has value, this comment adds nothing. I suppose one can get a little thrill trolling, but drive by junk comments that are common on other sites aren't welcome here. Of course you could explain your junk comment and we can talk!

LCP grip change:

Pop out those plastic pins and put a flat screw driver through the frame to lift the main spring out of the bottom of the grip.

Same with the P3AT.

two steps.

I assure. I did it.

CDW4ME- exactly.
Though I can carry a Keltec PF9 or P11 with belt clip IWB, dressed that way.
But, if I do there is still a P32 in my pocket.

I always wonder about this sort of comment. While we are all entitled to our opinions, and stirring the pot sometimes has value, this comment adds nothing. I suppose one can get a little thrill trolling, but drive by junk comments that are common on other sites aren't welcome here. Of course you could explain your junk comment and we can talk!
He has 1911 in his username, you know what type of mindset he has, i.e. anything not steel framed is a cheap POS that only a gangbanger would use.

Having owned lots of both and being early in the Kel Tec scene, I don't think anyone could verify the metal is superior in the Kel Tec vs Ruger.

And recall, I'm the guy that took a P3AT apart and posted a picture for proof.

Whenever somebody argues with me why I carry a .32, I usually answer as a very dear friend once commented---"I only want to make a little noise". :)

That being said, the Kel-Tec P32 is not a target pistol, nor a 10,000 round gun, nor a whimsical candleholder. But at those prices it is a heck of a lot better than chopsticks.

Fwiw, https://www.apwcogan.com/the-kel-tec

Btw, Mr. Cogan is probably embellishing a tad about his 38" waist. ;)

Last edited:
direwolf1911- Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom View Post
Woo hoo!!!
Ten years and two months in business and I received my second ever KelTec P-32 today for transfer.

Happy for you... if you like it, go for it.

I would be caught dead with one !
I'm a dealer, CUSTOMER bought it, I'm transferring it to the CUSTOMER.
No way in the world would I ever consider a KelTec for protection.:D

TruthTellers
That's ignorant. The P-32 is regarded as one of the most reliable pistols Kel-Tec makes.
That's funny, using KelTec and reliable in the same sentence.:rolleyes:
The top brands customers have me ship back to the factory?
1. KelTec
2. Taurus
and a distant
3. Ruger

And I transfer 300-500 times as many Taurus and Rugers than KelTec pistols.
So the rate of returned to the factory for KT is abysmal, hence the reason I would never trust my life or recommend one to a customer.

That you love yours is great. But my experience in shipping them back has convinced me otherwise.

With the exception of the PF9, I've had multiples of Kel Tec pistols (P11, PF9, P3AT, P32). In terms of reliability, the P11 was the most reliable, followed very closely by the P32, then the P3AT. Never got the PF9 to work properly, although it did work ok for a while right after the infamous fluff-n-buff.

KT's are what they are. Inexpensive guns meant to be carried a lot and shot little. I'm guessing that the factory is ramping up newer prettier designs and are doing a fire sale on existing models OR they are hurting for business.

Keltecs are minimal size/weight guns for their caliber. Many people can't get them to function because of this. If you learn how to use the gun, they are very reliable. While Keltecs are the "Bic pen" of handguns-they are also guns that require learning- "expert's guns," if you will.

P11 and p32 are by far the most trouble free. There is a bit of a learning curve with most keltec. Two things...

1. The Trigger. Due to the long overtravel the p11 is just hard to shoot accurately. The trigger itself is a long heavy DAO which makes it hard for most shooters to shoot well. Add in the overtravel and it becomes almost impossible where people have to get creative with sight alignment. trigger stops solve it 90 percent of it. I actually like heavy triggers for defense as well as the double strike capability that many more current designs lack.

2. These guns are light and powerful in a small package and some people are just going to have trouble keeping them from limpwristing. I personally have never had one jam but I can hand the pistol to another shooter and they can experience malfunction. Strong hands and forearms help. Personally I dont find the p11 or the p32 bad at all. P3at is a little harder for me to hold because the grip is very small for a 380. I just have to be a little more concious of my grip.

With the exception of the PF9, I've had multiples of Kel Tec pistols (P11, PF9, P3AT, P32). In terms of reliability, the P11 was the most reliable, followed very closely by the P32, then the P3AT. Never got the PF9 to work properly, although it did work ok for a while right after the infamous fluff-n-buff.

KT's are what they are. Inexpensive guns meant to be carried a lot and shot little. I'm guessing that the factory is ramping up newer prettier designs and are doing a fire sale on existing models OR they are hurting for business.
Firstly, the P32 and P3AT are not DAO, they slide has engage the hammer and slightly cock it to fire, same as the LCP. PF9 is DAO.

If Kel Tec is working on new designs, the only improvement they can make with their pistols is a better trigger. I would prefer a DA/SA because I do like the safety of the first shot being a long, heavy pull, but I don't want any follow up shots being stuck with a DA or DA like pull.

Why only Beretta seems to get this and not anyone who makes a polymer frame pocket pistol beats me. At least Ruger changed the LC9's awful trigger to the LC9s and now makes the LCP II, but I would like those to be DA/SA.

If KT wants to upgrade the grip texture on their .32 and .380, that's fine, I don't care either way. I'd rather they make a better sight system. I know pocket pistols don't really need sights, but I wouldn't mind having the option of interchangeable sights for night sights, hi-viz fiber optic, or low profile irons. With the P32 and P3AT now, we don't get an option of different sights.

Firstly, the P32 and P3AT are not DAO, they slide has engage the hammer and slightly cock it to fire, same as the LCP. PF9 is DAO.

Double action means the trigger does two actions; pull back the hammer, and then release it. Single action means the trigger only does one action; release the fully cocked hammer.

Whether or not the hammer is pre-cocked by the slide or not, the trigger drawing it rearward is a double action trigger pull.

What you described is identical to the S&W DAO 3rd Generation guns. Just because the hammer is pre-set doesn’t make it single action. The trigger’s rearward movement on the hammer does make it double action.

Double action means the trigger does two actions; pull back the hammer, and then release it. Single action means the trigger only does one action; release the fully cocked hammer.

Whether or not the hammer is pre-cocked by the slide or not, the trigger drawing it rearward is a double action trigger pull.

What you described is identical to the S&W DAO 3rd Generation guns. Just because the hammer is pre-set doesn’t make it single action. The trigger’s rearward movement on the hammer does make it double action.
Yes, but not a true Double Action.

I now proclaim that that style of trigger now be called Dingle Action.

I'm going to buy a second P32 next week in an attempt to erase the memory of reading the colossal stoopid that is this thread.

Junk gun firing a junk load at junk prices (P32).

Junk post, junk poster.

Back