Just bought L85!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would buy a copy of Collector Grade Publications, "The Last Enfield" it is the complete story of your rifle.

Here's a field-manual for sale. It's in spanish.

https://secure.longmountain.com/pro...d=532&osCsid=ac0166ec78c5c26e0f552de8121f43fb

Here's the book p99 mentioned:

https://secure.longmountain.com/pro...d=304&osCsid=07caa29cb3f63087c44292569f949179

One manual was marked RESTRICTED at least as late as '96. Spoilsports.

picsa80man90s.jpg

More random info:

http://www.project-x.org.uk/sa80.html

I just wanted to share with you guys the trigger on this rifle. Despite being a bullpup the trigger on L85A2 is VERY smooth. I would like to know your thoughts on this matter if you have ever used this weapon.

I've always had a fondness for those rifles. If only they were not so temperamental at times.

Thanks for sharing a good picture!

Hi All,
Am i the only person who finds the fact that this rifle is in civillian hands in pakistan slightly worrying? Think about it, no L85A2's have been supplied as arms to Tribal group's so that theory is out of the window.... I would summise that it has been lost in combat by a british soldier (fate of soldier unknown) and stands a good chance of having been captured by the Taliban and sold to an arms dealer in Pakistan.

Being as i am English i find the thought of a British soldiers weapon being sold and then paraded around the internet as a little untasteful.

Sorry if i offend anyone with this post but in essence what the purchaser has done is support the Taliban's war effort..... in an indirect way.

thanks

I'd like to echo Guy Richards.

There are no commercial L85 rifles available on the open market.

This being the case, the rifle you have is a stolen British military rifle.

Albeit you may not wish to return this product, are you able to pass on the details of the vendor?

Whats the serial number? Might be able to track down some of its history from my armourer. :eek:

Any reason its cocked there?

Last edited:
Hi All,
Am i the only person who finds the fact that this rifle is in civillian hands in pakistan slightly worrying? Think about it, no L85A2's have been supplied as arms to Tribal group's so that theory is out of the window.... I would summise that it has been lost in combat by a british soldier (fate of soldier unknown) and stands a good chance of having been captured by the Taliban and sold to an arms dealer in Pakistan.

Being as i am English i find the thought of a British soldiers weapon being sold and then paraded around the internet as a little untasteful.

Sorry if i offend anyone with this post but in essence what the purchaser has done is support the Taliban's war effort..... in an indirect way.

thanks

Not to be bashing (I am also English) but weapons taken in war I thought were fair game. What about the soldiers in WWll who took weapons home? Even the families in other countries asked for them back and they are not required to give them back. War works both ways. But that is not the point, I would not think this particular firearms was acquired by devious means but fully legal.

Not everyone in Pakistan is a terrorist, some just like firearms.

The rifle is bought and properly registered. The person registering this weapon is duly authorized by the government. I am not a supporter of any rogue element- just an enthusiast like rest of the guys here. Buying a product off the shelf may contribute to people or companies that one may not like or not know.

I didnot want to offend anyone.

Anyway I get enough hate PMs from members here that I have decided to quit TFL.

Good bye fellas and good luck.

Firepower

Last edited:
Think about it, no L85A2's have been supplied as arms to Tribal group's so that theory is out of the window

Just because England has never admitted to supplying arms to friendly or neutral groups in central asia doesn't mean it hasn't happened.:)

The brits are like every other nation. Sometimes their military aid is above-board and recognized, sometimes... it's not.

Producation of the L85A1 ended in 1994, the upgrade programme ran from 2000 to 2002 to turn it into the L85A2 (of which this rifle is one).
The rifle was an export failure with the only overseas customer being the Jamaica Defence Force and Zimbabwe and i think they only have the A1 version.

If the British Government had supplied them to anyone else wouldn't you think that pictures or information would have appeared in the public domain by now?

This rifle must either be a battle field find or possibly stolen.

If it is all above board as the owner suggests then i suggest that he should be more than happy to post the serial number up.

wow

I love it when smug jerks make their first post one that totally shows their A#@! Ducatist4, Firepower has been on this form for a good while and is a collector of rare firearms IN PAKISTAN!!!!!!! Jesus!!! maybe if you trolled around a bit longer you would see is very impressive collection of full autos. :barf: OH WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back