Just bought L85!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on getting one! The only ones here in the U.S. are "Post May 1986 Dealer Samples"....and darn few of those.

Thanks P99guy and gyel!

Here you go Willie...I was waiting for better time of the day to take pictures but since you insisted:

IMGP2975.jpg

IMGP2973.jpg

IMGP2974.jpg

IMGP2976.jpg

Total cost was about: US$12,500

Nice, I've always wanted one of those.

There is supposedly a project in the works to make semi-autos for the US market. Unfortunately, it's a Charles Daly import/build deal, so who knows if they will be worth a damn. Sounds like something that will take a few revisions to get right anyway, so it will probably be at least a decade before we have a functional semi-auto L85ish rifle, if it happens at all.:(

I wonder what the story on your rifle is...as in how did it find its self not in British Military ownership. ( every gun has a story, they just arent good at telling us lol)

Thanks Piper C.

Well guns tend not to tell stories. It probably made its way to tribal area through Afghanistan or part of the aid package to equip the tribals against extremists. I really dont know.

I wanted one for a while and paid heavily for the gun and the automatic license for it and for its registeration.

Manuals required.

Last night I could not sleep so I decided to strip down my 85a2 and clean it. Let me tell you how much I appreciated my AKs and M4s after this. Very complicated weapon. You have to do everything carefully or the job get longer and longer. What surprised me is that VERY little information on field stripping was available on net. I found one British Army PDF file which was apparantly a scanned copy from somewhere else. It was very general and lacking information for serious folks.

What are you experiences specially regarding the trigger assembly? And do you have any detailed manuals on this baby?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back