Is there such a thing as a F/A grenade launcher?

For those of you seriously interested, a registered and transferable MK19 GMG was recently advertised for sale on sturmgewehr - I think the price was $600,000. (+tax & shipping)

a mk19 for 600 grand? in my experience with the mk19, it jams too easily (especially in iraq w/ a lot of dust flying around), a little too bulky, only has 25 round belts, and is not my prefered method of engagement. of course, i like to be a few mile away shooting my howitzer, but i did do convoy security missions in baghdad. now on the issue with the tft, it would take too long to get the correct data on the gun given the t/e that you have is not defective, plus you have to compensate for diff. of elevat. and so forth. now with the mortar not being able to do direct fire, the 60mm mortar has a hand-held mode and can be shot direct fire at a target in the hand operated mode given you put the bottom on something sturdy like a wall or tree. now with shooting a mk19 round from a m203. its like tripling the powder in the round. the m203 breech cannot stand the pressure that will be put off, and it will mess your hand up.

And you can still get on a plane with a pen or pencil. Makes a great weapon. Especially if pushed into the eye and right into the brain! Through the ear is just as deadly. I saw it happen to a guy one time. You don't die instantly, but you are immediately rendered a vegatable.
I remember it from the Army many moons ago.

If you're in the USA and the round is not registered, you have something that is worth a hefty fine and quite a bit of time courtesy of Uncle Sam's "hotel".

Yeah, and I have a couple of pinapple grenades. One sits on my desk. Those who think I should not have it, can take a number to complain. Gotta go------> ZOOMMMM!

tanstaafl4y:
1123444548424.jpg

How's that? :D

Dunno what round it is (if its even a US round), but its all good, right? :D

M198

You are a Gunnery Instructor at CPen? Are you at ATS?

Indirect with it is pretty easy, you adjust it in just like you do arty. The FO has to understand that, its dispersion is pretty big because of lack of dampening on the Mk64. Drift really isn't big till you get to around 1800 meters, beyond that you have added it to the first adjust burst, but just like a Adj mission you don't readdress drift with subs. QE is a little harder to get on the initial adj round since they don't have gunner's quadrants, but what I have used in the past is to put the M2 compass on the feed tray prior to firing an adjusting burst and than using the elevation wheel on the TE for subsequent adjustments.

We go to fire one in School of Infantry and I gotta say its flippin sweet!
Realistical youll only get about 30 to 60 rounds a minute outta the thing. Oh and be careful, cock the dual charging handle wrong and oopps! off goes a thumb!
Semper Fi!
-L7

m198 you got screwed we had 88 round belts :D for our mk19s over in the sandbox. convoys suck i had the same duty over there and also would 've rather been humping them 155s in my paladin. hooah and oorah to the king of battle.

Mk.19 is a fantastis weapon and the concept is brilliant too, which is probably why it has been heavily copied. We Brits have them mounted on the M3 tripod or on the back of the Land Rover patrol vehicle. On a job in Africa we were engaging at 1500metres with the Mk.19s; it was a wierd experience shooting bursts of those 40mm grenades. You could fire them, get off the vehicle and make a cup of tea, enjoy a few sandwiches, go out for a couple of beers and be back just in time to see them all exploding a mile away!

The effect at the distant end was fantastic!

The only place we really didn't like them was in Norway, because they don't explode in the snow!

b4 i went over to the sandbox. the qualification range went all the way out to 2100 meters or so :eek: . i couldn't hit anything past 1700 meters though :D but i still qualified expert

Why did you guys have to bring up the MK19?.... Now there are tears in my eyes as I remember the joys of it... snnniiifff....At least I have the memories

Mk-19 rounds in an M203

YMMV, but I was chilling by the armory one day talking to a buddy (armorer) about this very thing, and he didn't think it would chamber - he tried it, and it did not. Pretty decent little no brainer safety mechanism there, just make the round such that it won't chamber properly in something that might kB on you :P

Of course, I wouldn't try to fire one if it did fit, but maybe guys will feel a little better knowing that the wrong round shouldn't be able to chamber into a 203.

Cypherninja,that would be a Hedp round,notice the copper funnel shaped liner.
An old TM i have claims the MK19 HEDP round will penetrate 2 in of armor!?:D

My apologys for stating the obvious,have i stumbled onto one of those sites that delight in flaming new members?
Quote: "I dunno what round it is(if its even a US round)" indicates ignorance,I was trying to be helpful,my apologys for attempting to answer what was to me apparently a question.
Cartridge 40mm HEDP M433; OD aluminum skirt w/steel cup attached white markings and gold ogive

Back