Is the caliber debate over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever notice how the caliber debate only focuses on semi automatic calibers? Revolver shooters settled the debate a long time ago. South of the US / Canadian border, the .357 Magnum is King. North of the Border belongs to the .44 Magnum. And the .38 Special is good enough for the city slickers and classic rock bands.

Ever notice how the caliber debate only focuses on semi automatic calibers?

That's only because no one considers a revolver to be a serious fighting handgun anymore.

Used to be the same debates between .38 Special, .357 Mag, and .44 Mag.

The .41 Mag (like the 40 S&W for autos), was proposed to be the end-all middle of the road compromise solution.

It will never be over because its personal preference and differs so much depending on what you are defending against...

When I am camping I want a 357+ for SD

When I at my house/neighborhood (which is a private community) my 380 is more than enough

When I am out at most places I would rather have more rounds and 9mm+ but I still use my ruger lcp

When I am in the ghetto I want a fully auto machine gun with grenade launcher

There you go, it's your fault that we can't get closure, everyone here is having a civilized debate and you throw in the .380. Seven rounds of .380 isn't enough to take on the mass shooters who invade the mall. Every one of those hypothetical dead shoppers will be your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back