Is ammo more available in your area/ prices stabilized or dropping?

Was in Scheels Monday. Some ammo and components. Prices are still falling on GB. Local Gun Shop, Tuesday morning, was almost fully stocked and had normal prices.

I suspect ALL of that will be gone by Friday with the shooting in Boulder.

An interesting editorial on a major news network one or two days ago had positive things to say.

The present >> Senate filibuster << situation, means that as things now stand, the Dems can't have any real chance of accomplishing any of their objectives.

* I'm only describing what was in the editorial.

Let's remember that the word "hysteria" is linked to the word "hysterectomy" (womb, anxiety etc).

Last edited:
Gun shop locally is advertising Blazer 9mm this Sat for $29 a box of 50 with No Limit. Maybe shipments are coming in more often.

Lol, NO, not even close to normal. And it will get worse. God only knows what civil unrest will bring out this Summer. 180 in just 2020 alone.

April 2021 proved to be the 16th consecutive month of record National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) checks for firearm sales and transfers.

FBI figures show that 3,514,070 checks were performed in April, which is more than any other April in history.

The previous record for the month of April, set in April 2020, was 2,911,128 checks.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...l&utm_term=down-range&utm_campaign=20210507dr

I'm seeing a very slight increase in ammo availability locally. However, I'm starting to become a believer in the "conspiracy theory" that there are deep secret agreements between our beloved government and ammo manufacturers keeping the lid on ammo sales. I can believe ammo being horded but that's when you see it on the shelf for a few hours and it's gone after a shipment comes in. When I have not seen A SINGLE SMALL PISTOL PRIMER for sale other than the gougers on gunbroker IN ALMOST A YEAR, something nefarious is going on.

Primer production is going to in-house cartridge production or to other full cartridge producers per their contracts. Remington's legacy ammunition manufacturing has exited bankruptcy and now restarted under its new owners.

Federal on their site has doubled availability and dropped to $26 for 9mm. I am getting emails from Atlanta and Freedom again.

Academy Sports had a bunch of ammo behind the counter at somewhat normal prices yesterday. Still have limits.

I was in a Walmart today and they had 20 bricks of 325 packs limit 2.

Rural King in Lexington, KY had a whole shelf full of ammo 22 bricks, 30-30, 243, 100 count boxes of 9mm and 6.5 Creed Limit two boxes per person

I actually scored a box of 30-30 win ammo at my local pawn shop when I picked up my rifle. $34 for a box of 20. Ouch. But, all the big box stores in town had zero 30-30 win ammo so I saw it as a win.

As for online, prices seem to have gone down only slightly for 9mm at about .50/round. 5.56/223 seems about the same as it was 8-9 months ago when I last bought some at .70 to .75/round

Scored 5 boxes of 9mm and some 30-30 today.

Never shot any of this red tipped stuff by Federal. At $17.99 per box I figure it was worth giving some a try.

Attachments

• DSC09326.JPG
    DSC09326.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC09328.JPG
    DSC09328.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC09327.JPG
    DSC09327.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 29
I've been seeing some ammo here and there but most of the time it's nothing I need and I was just looking because I was there anyway.

I did see a box of .17 Hornet for 25 bucks but I didn't really need any but as the best I can recall that's around the same price I paid for it a couple years ago...

Tony

Definitely is. 9mm Ammo is about .40¢- .50¢ a round now, and 10mm bulk is .65¢ a round. Substantially less then it was a 6 months ago, and much easier to find. In all reality, finding ammunition is much easier in general for the most part. I visit my 2 favorite LGS’s just about weekly, and they pretty much always have the ammo I’m looking for. .22 WMR would be the exception, I can’t find that anywhere. But 9mm, .40, 10mm, and assorted 12 and 20 gauge is always in stock. The same store has TONS of .44 special and magnum as well. Just bought a couple boxes of 10 gauge rifled 1 3/4 Oz slugs last week as well. .45 ACP seems to be hard to find, but I don’t own one of those yet. A 1911 in .45 ACP is in the very near future I feel though [emoji57]. Also, getting .350 legend has become shockingly hit or miss as well. It wasn’t at first, but people have realized it’s a great cartridge up here in the thick wooded north northeast deer woods... since last fall that ammo has been scarce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scheels had a bunch of Remington 45 ammo today. Well, it was the most I’ve seen from them in a popular cartridge. Still no 9mm, 223/556 or any of the popular hunting rounds

Local Walmart - 2 boxes of Remington 270 Win. , 2 boxes Winchester 45-70. Fleet Farm - 4 boxes 6.8 Western (W-W) and a couple boxes of another rifle caliber I can't remember. Sportsmans Warehouse has nothing. This is running on two months with nothing showing up, except at rip off prices. I have enough, just waiting for 4895 to come back.

LGS has never not had ammo. 5.56 is down to 11.99 per 20 round box. 9mm is still up at 29.99 per box of 50. The funny thing is it's brass cased 5.56 that's cheaper than Tula .223. Tula is running 19.99 per box of 20.

I stopped at Cabela's the other day to see what they had and it wasn't much (no surprise). Think they had some 5.56 and a small assortment of oddball cartridges and it was all kept behind the counter. Only 2 people in the gun department too, so you were in for a long wait if you needed anything. Compared to Scheels, Cabela's sucks the big one. Won't be going back there anymore. At Scheels there are multiple sales people around at all times ready to assist customers, especially in the gun department.

This past Saturday I saw 12 100-round boxes of CCI Mini Mag at Walmart,,,
They were the normal price of $7.99 per 100-round pack,,,
But they were the hollow points that I don't like,,,
So I left them on the shelf.

They also had 8 10-round packs of Super-X,,,
I left them for someone else as well.

Nothing earth shattering going on,,,
But it is the first .22 ammo I've seen there in three months.

I probably should have bought the CCI,,,
I could easily have passed it on to friends of mine.

Oh well,,,

Aarond

These topics are Part of the Solution.

As the Perception spreads, that more ammo is available in local businesses, the less anxiety among new and older shooters.

This “cooling off” certainly helps a little to reduce demand. It gradually creates a positive “domino effect”.

There is a guy locally trying to sell .45 ACP for $35 a box for almost a month now. People don't seem to big in a big hurry to over pay.

In my part of N/C Florida the more common calibers have become much more available relative to the beginning of the year. Prices are starting to come down somewhat, but are still mighty high.

The more uncommon stuff is mostly still not to be found such as twenty gauge buckshot, 44spl, the 32 caliber revolver cartridges, etc. Did have some luck last weekend at a show in Ocala to find Fiocchi 32acp at only $35/bx. They've changed their packaging again so I nearly missed seeing it.

Back