Interesting, inexpensive Handguns

I'd like something a little different, something cool and unique, maybe something a little underrated. An unseen starlet if you would.
Well, like most C&R milsurps, the prices have gone way up. In some cases in excess of what I would consider reasonable value. But, as I realised this is the general handgun forum I will add a revolver. Ammo isn't impossible to find, but not the easiest, or particularly inexpensive. But to me my 1895 Nagant has a quite interesting, cool appeal, and screams "unique"!:D
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...11E3F1565C46A570456611E3F1565C46A57&FORM=VIRE
Pay attention around the 5:20 mark for a really big dose of "unique".

Tri Star, made by Canik, or a Canik. CZ 83 might be another option for you too, depending upon the caliber your looking for.

I'll add another:

Chiappa Rhino.

It's revolver and is not without some stories of issues and complications. I can't comment on the price, but it is interesting, both in design and function.

I'm not sure I'd buy one, but I'd love to try one. Especially if it were back-to-back with a regular DA/SA .357...

Def the Canik TP9 is an unusual and excellent value pistol. Licensed copy of the Walther P99 for almost $200 cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkstar888 said:
...Canik TP9... Licensed copy of the Walther P99 for almost $200 cheaper.
The Canik is NOT a license-built copy of the P99. It is a lookalike. The internals are significantly different.

FWIW two mildly restyled license-built versions of the P99 have been marketed in the USA – the Magnum Research MR Eagle and the Smith and Wesson SW99.

The internals of the original TP9 is in fact licensed from Walther's patent on the P99. The TP9SA is different. The SW99 is more than a licensed clone however. The modified receiver was supplied by Walther and manufactured in Germany while the slide and barrel were made by S&W in the states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
CajunBass: said:
Don't be afraid to buy used.

When I see a "LN" Gen4 Glock 21 at the used gun counter for under $400.00, I can't think of a better, more useful gun at a really great price.

S&W 3rd Gens are always a good find, BUT, know yer animals...
SW-semi-model-chart-1.jpg

That quick-reference chart makes it easier to figure out what you really like :)

Star Firestar & Ultrastar (Final Gens) are usually around 200-400, a bargain :)
While the letter models are good, and many still very used today,
the Number Models were the very best of the Star line, IMHO!

http://www.star-firearms.com/firearms/guns/firestar/

And I am all about pawn shops & local ads, etc...
there are still some amazing deals IF you have Done Your Homework!!
And you haggle like a demon from the pits!!

I also suggest the new and improved Remington R51. Very happy with mine and different enough to start conversations and in the common 9mm cartridge,

seeker_two;
You misspelled "Model 51"......you know, the one that works.....

I'm sorry that the one you bought didn't work. Wait, you actually bought one, right? Yeah, thought so.

I also suggest the new and improved Remington R51. Very happy with mine and different enough to start conversations and in the common 9mm cartridge,

seeker_two;
Quote:
You misspelled "Model 51"......you know, the one that works.....
I'm sorry that the one you bought didn't work. Wait, you actually bought one, right? Yeah, thought so.

What can I say?.....I like to learn from other people's mistakes.....

.....love the sig line....and the irony.

.....love the sig line....and the irony.

The irony?
I guess that you missed the part that the R51, that I actually own, is a fine gun.

I also own a Kimber! Really! :eek: As fine a gun as there is. Go figure. I guess the internet trolls missed on that one too. If I believed what the internet trolls write about guns they never owned then that would be 2 fine guns I wouldn't own and enjoy.

You can believe the internet trolls when you form opinions. I like to actually know what I am talking about from first hand experience. There are lemons made by every company out there. It happens. How they handle those problems is how well they'll succeed or, ultimately, fail.

Last edited:
How about a non-Glock brand Glock? That would be exotic.

I've always thought a Walther P-38 would be cool to own.

Back